Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wavpack 4.1 (Read 4255 times) previous topic - next topic

wavpack 4.1

well.. and old lossy codec user and now i want to go trough the lossless way (dont worry it is not a best lossless format post ) and i start to reading the forum to get informed about wich one i should use. I had a hard time trying to pickup one (betwen FLAC, APE and WV) and i pickup WAVPACK4.1 ,just because it was the most updated and no real diference betwen the other choices and like it is a lossless code, i easyly could transcode it to another format (lossy or lossless) but when i tried to make the transcoding (to m4a) with the dbpoweramp utility for transcoding it say i couldnt open the WV file... i compressed the  files with EAC and -h option and the add ID3 tag enabled...

is there a known probleam about the matter i mentioned?
pd: my english is awfull pleas apologies for it

thanks.
sorry about my english... aprendan castellano wevones! :P

wavpack 4.1

Reply #1
well.. and old lossy codec user and now i want to go trough the lossless way (dont worry it is not a best lossless format post ) and i start to reading the forum to get informed about wich one i should use. I had a hard time trying to pickup one (betwen FLAC, APE and WV) and i pickup WAVPACK4.1 ,just because it was the most updated and no real diference betwen the other choices and like it is a lossless code, i easyly could transcode it to another format (lossy or lossless) but when i tried to make the transcoding (to m4a) with the dbpoweramp utility for transcoding it say i couldnt open the WV file... i compressed the  files with EAC and -h option and the add ID3 tag enabled...

is there a known probleam about the matter i mentioned?
pd: my english is awfull pleas apologies for it

thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=243478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, the problem is that WavPack 4.1 is so updated that dBpowerAMP has not caught up yet. I have been meaning to e-mail spoon about this since WavPack went final and hopefully he will be willing to update the WavPack codec because the new WavPack library is much easier to use than the library he originally used. (I really appreciate his effort in the past). Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Until that happens, foobar would also work very well for this. And thanks for trying out WavPack! 

edit: spelling

wavpack 4.1

Reply #2
... couldnt open the WV file ... i compressed the  files with EAC and -h option and the add ID3 tag enabled ... [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=243478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If EAC has added an ID3 tag v2.x it is possible that the wavpack decoder of dbpoweramp is no longer able to find the real wavpack file header resp. the beginning of the audio data.
APE v.2.0 tags are much more established in combination with wavpack files. One reason is because they are generally placed at the end of a file.

As test try once to rip/encode a track without any tag information (or remove them) and than redo the m4a transcoding.

I guess Foobar2000 is able to remove tag fields of all files at once!?

____
EDIT:

Forget this speculative post! - Wavpack developers seems to be night-active too!

wavpack 4.1

Reply #3
... couldnt open the WV file ... i compressed the  files with EAC and -h option and the add ID3 tag enabled ... [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=243478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If EAC has added an ID3 tag v2.x it is possible that the wavpack decoder of dbpoweramp is no longer able to find the real wavpack file header resp. the beginning of the audio data.
APE v.2.0 tags are much more established in combination with wavpack files. One reason is because they are generally placed at the end of a file.

As test try once to rip/encode a track without any tag information (or remove them) and than redo the m4a transcoding.

I guess Foobar2000 is able to remove tag fields of all files at once!?

____
EDIT:

Forget this speculative post! - Wavpack developers seems to be night-active too!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=243482"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i was searching the forum for a guide for adding ape2 tags to wv files from a commandline or similar (eac). i tried the Case's guide using the wapet, but it just dont work, i tried using tag.exe and it dont work eigther. i even tried tg.com but i it is just for mp4 files 

any help?

and thanks for a quick answer (bryant and 384kbps)

wavpack 4.1

Reply #4
I'm not familar with wapet within EAC. But maybe those links may help you:
www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21295
www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23018
Both threads are not about wavpack files directly. But if wapet.exe is from the same author as tag.exe i guess the program will check the audio type and chose the most suitable tag format itself.

Tag.exe plenty works on the command line and is able to set tag infromation on wavpack files, e.g.:
tag.exe --artist "Prince" --album "B-Side Hits (CD1)" --year 1993 --track 14 --title "Alphabet Street" --genre "Pop/Funk" --comment "30sec sample" "Alphabet Street.wv"
It will automatically set an APE2 tag than.
If you already have any suspicious tags on your wv-files try to remove them with 'tag.exe --remove audio.wv'.
But this tool can much more, for detailed information please see 'tag.exe --help'.

_____
EDIT:

...or simply check out this for wapet & EAC: www.saunalahti.fi/cse/EAC/
[/url]...
WavPack with APEv2 tags (requires [url=http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/wapet.zip]wapet[/url]):
3. Set file extension to .wv
4. Locate 'wapet.exe'
5. Use command line %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" wavpack.exe -h %s
note: if wavpack.exe isn't in search path you need to specify full path for it.

wavpack 4.1

Reply #5
Sorry for being slack on the update (dBpowerAMP) - it will be updated ASAP with advanced tagging options (such as tag type and version required).

wavpack 4.1

Reply #6
I'm not familar with wapet within EAC. But maybe those links may help you:
www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21295
www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=23018
Both threads are not about wavpack files directly. But if wapet.exe is from the same author as tag.exe i guess the program will check the audio type and chose the most suitable tag format itself.

Tag.exe plenty works on the command line and is able to set tag infromation on wavpack files, e.g.:
tag.exe --artist "Prince" --album "B-Side Hits (CD1)" --year 1993 --track 14 --title "Alphabet Street" --genre "Pop/Funk" --comment "30sec sample" "Alphabet Street.wv"
It will automatically set an APE2 tag than.
If you already have any suspicious tags on your wv-files try to remove them with 'tag.exe --remove audio.wv'.
But this tool can much more, for detailed information please see 'tag.exe --help'.

_____
EDIT:

...or simply check out this for wapet & EAC: www.saunalahti.fi/cse/EAC/ wink.gif

QUOTE(www.saunalahti.fi/cse/EAC/)
WavPack with APEv2 tags (requires wapet):
3. Set file extension to .wv
4. Locate 'wapet.exe'
5. Use command line %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" wavpack.exe -h %s
note: if wavpack.exe isn't in search path you need to specify full path for it.

i did it and works greats... i think i was missing that with tag.exe the destinationfile must be at the end.
thanks... and i always put the codecs on system32 folder for not having pach problems.

pd: damn, i missreply