Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 282358 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JScript Panel

Reply #375
No. If you don't want to use the preprocessor, that's your problem - not mine.

Reply #376
Recently, I've got this message.

JScript Panel (JS Smooth Browser v20151114-1630-340 by Br3tt aka Falstaff >> http://br3tt.deviantart.com)
JavaScript Runtime error:
Overflow
foo_jscript_panel\samples\js-smooth\js\jssb.js
Line: 1090, Col: 3
<source text only available at compile time>

I've looked into that line.
Code: [Select]
this.cursorImage_normal = gdi.CreateImage(this.cursorw, this.cursorh);

Could anyone let me know how I can fix it?

I can't reproduce this at all?? I thought it might be related to panel size but even resizing as small as possible doesn't do anything.

Does it error on startup or is it some time later?

Reply #377
v1.3.2.1
- ADD: Add fb.AlwaysOnTop property. Can be used to read or write the setting. A
       new "on_always_on_top_changed" callback has been added to detect when it
       changes via any other means such as using the menu, keyboard shortcuts, etc.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/releases

Reply #378
I can't reproduce this at all?? I thought it might be related to panel size but even resizing as small as possible doesn't do anything.

Does it error on startup or is it some time later?

This happens on startup, and when I reload after startup, it's OK.

Reply #379
I need an older version of Jscript Panel that supports Foobar 1.2.4.

Sadly, the developer is one of those developers that completely obliterates all older versions of his work and only has the latest available, with no way to download older versions. That is not user friendly, at all.

If anyone knows of a place where I can download previous versions of Jscript Panel and not get nailed with malware I would greatly appreciate a reply or a PM if that's not allowed.

Edit - Looks like the component always needed 1.3. Would just delete the post, but the forums don't give users that option.

Reply #380
What is the name of the global context in JScript Panel? I have been trying to use it alongside Webpack. I can make it work with a few hacks but if I can just straight up access the global variable I would take it.

Reply #381
Edit - Looks like the component always needed 1.3.

Well it was released over 3 years ago and my component has only been around for 2 years. :/

What is the name of the global context in JScript Panel? I have been trying to use it alongside Webpack. I can make it work with a few hacks but if I can just straight up access the global variable I would take it.

Sorry, I have no idea. I guess looking up windows script host would be your best bet.

Reply #382
Here's some info that may help someone (and public notes for myself; I tend to do that)...

I use the DarkOne v4 mod. That was set up with Foobar 1.2.x - I had 1.2.4 - so I figured updating to Foobar 1.3.x would bomb it.

I had a test machine available so I just tried running the Foobar 1.3.17 installer over top of 1.2.4. The installer has an "Update" button so I clicked it and prayed.

It does in fact seem that DarkOne v4 all survives the update. Everything seems to look and work fine.

So, I was finally able to install the Jscript Panel v1.3.2.1, and Biography 0.8.5.2.

For DarkOne v4, there are two unused reserved panels on the right (nice foresight by the author), so I made a "BIO2" panel on one of the reserves, added the Jscript panel, then imported the Biography script. It seems to work great so far!

To move the panel position, I right clicked the panel labels, selected "Splitter Settings...", temporarily cleared the "Forced Layout" check boxes for each of the panels, renamed the Jscript Panel to "BIO2", then right clicked and used "Move Up" and "Move Down" to adjust position. I placed BIO2 (Jscript / 0.8.5.2) next to BIO1 (old Biography with CDATA hex edit mod - last.fm text works but not images). Finally I went back in to Splitter Settings and re-checked the "Forced Layout" check boxes.

Reply #383
global = this
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #384
global = this

That only works when you're on the top level. If you're calling functions on different contexts (bound functions, as methods, etc), of course this will not point to the global object. In my case I was using a module loader/bundler. Sometimes you may need access to the global within those contexts.

Anyways, I've read a bit, I'm not too sure yet but I found out that the global object is not directly accessible. So there is no other way to access it other than the this keyword or a few quite ugly hacks like so:

// in non-strict mode
var _global = (function(){
    return this;
}).call(null);

Just posting as a reference to others who encounters the same problem.

Reply #385
A very minor release...

v1.3.2.2
- ADD: Component now reports version on script error.
- FIX: JSplaylist/JS Smooth playlist have been unable to tag files since v1.3.0
       when foo_playcount was missing.

I guess anyone using ratings in JSplaylist/JS Smooth playlist must be using foo_playcount because no one has reported the file tagging feature being broken.

Reply #386
A very minor release...

v1.3.2.2
- ADD: Component now reports version on script error.
- FIX: JSplaylist/JS Smooth playlist have been unable to tag files since v1.3.0
       when foo_playcount was missing.

I guess anyone using ratings in JSplaylist/JS Smooth playlist must be using foo_playcount because no one has reported the file tagging feature being broken.

Actually it sort of was reported https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,110516.msg945862.html#msg945862 , but I guess he is on your ignore list .. ;)

Reply #387
Ah yes, the good old ignore list. It's just about saved me from getting myself banned!!  :))

Reply #389
Judging by the first post of this thread, it seems that marc2003 was either banned or moved to read-only on hydrogenaud.io.
Most likely enraged by such turn of events he deleted his git account (jscript included).
Though I doubt that we'll get the full story anyway...

A shame really, fb2k does not have that many active 3rd party component developers, especially in UI department...
Oh well, thanks @marc2003 for all your hard work! My fb2k experience would not even have been started without your component! =)

Reply #390
Damn.... It seems I deleted the last release of the component after installing it. Can someone link me to a copy?

Reply #391
it seems that marc2003 was either banned or moved to read-only on hydrogenaud.io.
This is bad news :-(
Does anyone understand what has happened (was not even aware that someone can be 'banned' here - and by whom and for which 'crimes'?) ?
Any chance to bring Marc back?

Reply #392
He apparently went off his meds and/or experienced a psychotic break, as he felt the need to use harsh language to demoralise someone for daring to ask him to do something he didn't want to do, and was placed on moderator approval for what was supposed to be a few days. Instead, he decided to ask the staff to ban him, so his users would know he was being "censored" by the moderation team. When he didn't get that, he decided to edit some swearing into his old posts, through the combination of moderator preview, but also the free editing of the Developer profile. Now I see he has thrown a temper tantrum and deleted his Github again. Maybe he'll cool down and come to his senses again, maybe not.

Reply #393
Star articlePublish article	Re: script to update all music library to 1.3.2 — greynol  Collapse article	Dec 16, 20:53	0
I guess he has no reasonable answer other than he's opposed to rational and level-headed discussion(?).

Can you moderators enforce  rational and level-headed discussion in those vinyl topics also !!!!!

Reply #394
Damn.... It seems I deleted the last release of the component after installing it. Can someone link me to a copy?
I could do that. Are we allowed to? Any mods around that can OK this?
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #395
Just go ahead, no problem uploading recent components. Only with outdated banned components mods might take issue.

Reply #397
@kode54: so marc2003 has still read-access here? (he can still see us?)

Reply #398
ok, stupid question... everybody can read w/o registration :-)
@marc2003: Hope you'll be back soon!

Reply #399
He apparently went off his meds and/or experienced a psychotic break, as he felt the need to use harsh language to demoralise someone for daring to ask him to do something he didn't want to do, and was placed on moderator approval for what was supposed to be a few days. Instead, he decided to ask the staff to ban him, so his users would know he was being "censored" by the moderation team. When he didn't get that, he decided to edit some swearing into his old posts, through the combination of moderator preview, but also the free editing of the Developer profile. Now I see he has thrown a temper tantrum and deleted his Github again. Maybe he'll cool down and come to his senses again, maybe not.

I saw it coming :))  :))  :)) Sorry if this is not politically correct, but I find it hilarious. I have no idea what kind of person marc2003 actually is, but I picture him like a sort of Sheldon Cooper: a misanthropic sarcastic and hysterical geek. Interacting with him on the forum is like walking on eggshells, but at a safe distance it's pure fun.
I'm late