Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 282383 times) previous topic - next topic

JScript Panel

Since I can no longer make new posts, let's see if editing works??

JScript Panel

Reply #1
welcome to the new baby

I think you take the right decision, WSH Panel Mod will stay in v1.5.6 for those who want to run WSH panel mod scripts designed for, and new scripts will have to be for your new component.

my 3 jscripts in progress are now ported to JScript Panel:

- JS Smooth Playlist
- JS Smooth Browser
- JS Smooth Playlist Manager

I will share them as JScript Panel scripts only in next updates

The king is dead, long live the king!

JScript Panel

Reply #2
It's good to have you onboard. 

JScript Panel

Reply #4
Nice. You may want to update the requirements though. You list foobar2000 v1.1 but the component requires v1.3 or above. Also, you mention clearing WSH panel properties when updating. 

JScript Panel

Reply #6
Code: [Select]
v1.0.1
- CHG: Update default script so you know a blank panel
       is JScript Panel as opposed to WSH Panel Mod.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/releases

Hopefully, I removed all remaining references to WSH panel in the docs as well.

JScript Panel

Reply #8
I'll probably nuke the WSH repo in a few days. I'll put the last version and source in the uploads forum for anyone who wants it.

Rather stupidly, I didn't even put a description of this component in the first post so I've updated the wiki page here:

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/wiki

JScript Panel

Reply #9
New JScript sample lastfm bio.txt used in chooser panel crashes. The other text samples I used (properties & thumbs) work fine. Error message below.

JScript Panel (Panel Receiver by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'this.content.length' is null or not an object
Line: 1, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

JScript Panel

Reply #11
I think it was a good idea to create a fork of WSH panel mod. Throwing away the git history prior to your fork? Not so much.

Git has some powerful tools to transplant changes from one branch to another. Re-starting history makes this process harder than needs to be because most of these tools require that the branches have a common ancestor. It does not affect me in this case so take this as a friendly suggestion instead of a complaint: Please preserve the continuity of your git history! Otherwise some day some people might form a lynch mob.

JScript Panel

Reply #12
One person has forked the WSH repo on github so I'm not too concerned. If they know what they're doing, they can clone the JScript Panel repo, checkout the first commit and copy those files into the WSH panel mod source folder and commit the changes.

EDIT: I just remembered github lets you download from any point in history so no need to clone/checkout the first commit. Here's the source of my very first commit to the new repo.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/...81db9e209a5.zip

EDIT2: Because of renamed folders, they shouldn't copy the whole zip but rather the contents of foobar2000/foo_jscript_panel/foo_jscript_panel in to foobar2000/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod

JScript Panel

Reply #15
Can you add a special interface for me, that interface is used to transform metadata Traditional Chinese into Simplified Chinese?  utils.LCMapString(str,lcid,flag)

JScript Panel

Reply #16
If it exists in that "plus" component, I may be able to copy it. Can you give me an example of the input/output you expect so I can check it.

JScript Panel

Reply #17
If it exists in that "plus" component, I may be able to copy it. Can you give me an example of the input/output you expect so I can check it.

JSSmoothPlaylist main script.txt?Line 2743-2747?2771-2773?2821-2842
A demonstration of the operation?a.pomf.cat/rtthdj.gif   
Modified files?a.pomf.cat/ptlzst.7z  ?  a.pomf.cat/sztrpu.m4a

JScript Panel

Reply #18
v1.0.3
- CHG: Revert previous Columns UI SDK update as I've just had foobar2000 crash.
       It did actually point at Panel Stack Splitter as the problematic
       component but I've never had an issue with it before. Given PSS acts
       as a container for other panels, I think it might be related. I don't
       have the skills to troubleshoot such an issue so the easiest thing to do
       is roll back.

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/releases

JScript Panel

Reply #19
ok switching over to JScript.
Seems there isnt an "use display preferences" selection mode on the art viewer anymore?

so I end up with same art in both Library and Now playing sides

you assisted me before with my setup with WSH panel.

https://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...=104363&hl=

thoughts?

JScript Panel

Reply #22
bug report / WSH Panel Mod, method GetPlaylistFocusItemHandle no more available in plman :'(

bug in JSPlaylist that use this method...

JScript panel 1.0.3, earlier version not checked.

JScript Panel

Reply #23
It's my fault for not including my removal of it in the changelog. I've just updated it.

It was removed because it's identical to fb.GetFocusItem which is used much more often.

Also, I think your usage was incorrect.

var save_focus_handle = plman.GetPlaylistFocusItemHandle(p.list.playlist);

The optional argument is force which defaults to true when omitted.

Original docs:

IFbMetadbHandle GetPlaylistFocusItemHandle(force);

Original docs for GetFocusItem
    // force: if this parameter is set to false, GetFocusItem() will only look for the focus item, otherwise, 
    //   if the focus item not found, find the first item of the active playlist.
    IFbMetadbHandle GetFocusItem(force = true);

You can see here where I removed it from my own mod of JSplaylist...

https://github.com/19379/jsplaylist-mod/com...08dbcede7a16f47

JScript Panel

Reply #24

JSSmoothPlaylist main script.txt?Line 2743-2747?2771-2773?2821-2842
A demonstration of the operation?a.pomf.cat/rtthdj.gif   
Modified files?a.pomf.cat/ptlzst.7z  ?  a.pomf.cat/sztrpu.m4a

@marc2003
It was in the "plus" component.
Forked and commit at https://github.com/smoralis/foo-jscript-pan...a96cf9ee05f626b

I hope you don't mind me contributing, this component was dead until you picked it up , so lets all contribute to make it what we all want...

@always.beta
Tested with your samples.
You need to update though your modified JSSmoothPlaylist to a JScript component compatible version.