Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wich are the optimal encoding settings for each lossless encoder? (Read 6178 times) previous topic - next topic

Wich are the optimal encoding settings for each lossless encoder?

Hello, guys.

Recently I have performed the comparison of 11 best / most popular lossless encoders where I used the (almost reasonable) maximum compression settings. But I understand that in reality it's results aren't so useful, because maximum compression settings are used too rarely. So I'm planning to complete the test with optimal settings, which could be / are used for sharing (torrent trackers, file-sharing services, etc.)

The problem is - how to find out which settings are optimal? Some time ago I made the detailed analysis for FLAC 1.2.1:

But it took much time - to encode/decode in every mode.
I thought: maybe there are some generally accepted modes for every encoder or there are some tests already, so I don't need to reinvent the wheel?

Will be thankful for any help.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Re: Wich are the optimal encoding settings for each lossless encoder?

Reply #2
Thank you, Igor, that's it!
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!