Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559209 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5350
Sure it could be done but not worth the effort IMHO.
All the standard panels are multi-instance - a lack of effort or good design was never the reason to have a single-instance panel. Perhaps support for single-instance panels was in fact there from the get-go though, I'm not so sure now. Whilst no, it's not amazingly useful to have, say, two identical playlist views viewable at the same time, but people do try and do things like have two different layouts in separate tabs, and ultimately end up disappointed when that doesn't work.

You still can add multiple single instance panels in each layout preset using "Insert panel" instead of "Copy panel"
They may well be copying at a higher level, i.e. splitter etc. As I said, the problem would be on the pasting side, I will try and have a look at changing it.

Not a huge deal that you can copy single instance panels though at long as it doesn't crash.
It seems there is a problem when removing either of your uPnP panels via live editing in either a tab stack or playlist tabs. Seems a bit strange, can you explain what is happening here? Adding another one then does cause a crash.

Columns UI

Reply #5351
Sure it could be done but not worth the effort IMHO.
All the standard panels are multi-instance - a lack of effort or good design was never the reason to have a single-instance panel. Perhaps support for single-instance panels was in fact there from the get-go though, I'm not so sure now. Whilst no, it's not amazingly useful to have, say, two identical playlist views viewable at the same time, but people do try and do things like have two different layouts in separate tabs, and ultimately end up disappointed when that doesn't work.

Most standard panels are self contained. I don't have 2 days to rethink a design that is appropriate. Instanciating/destroying a hybrid CUI/DUI component already gave me a few headaches so no thanks .

Not a huge deal that you can copy single instance panels though at long as it doesn't crash.
It seems there is a problem when removing either of your uPnP panels via live editing in either a tab stack or playlist tabs. Seems a bit strange, can you explain what is happening here? Adding another one then does cause a crash.

I just found out that removing the panel was freeing resources but not destroying the window hence graphical glitches when removing the panel in a splitter (a case I didn't test). This is fixed.
The crash you had, I fixed it this morning.

Columns UI

Reply #5352
Musicmusic, I've found some characters that don't work properly in NG Playlist, I was wondering if you could take a look. In particular it's the first 4 and 6th of these: ◯,☆,♡,↺,〜,◎,↑,Ω,ずっと - you might wonder why I care but there's an album with those track names!

I'm definitely using a font with those symbols in (calibri), and I tried it in DUI and they work. I'm getting some weird stuff going on, if I paste one of the Japanese characters into the Display box under Playlist View>Columns>Title column>Display, they all show up! (See the inset part in the pic.) Can you explain what's going on? Can I fix it my end?

Columns UI

Reply #5353
Hmm, there are several weird things about this. Needs more investigation....

Columns UI

Reply #5354
I am looking to switch from elplaylist to NGplaylist because it s damn faster!
Trying to configure it i have a feature request about grouping.
In Elplaylist you are able to to have in the same playslist grouped items and not grouped items.
Something like that

That would make things a lot more readable

Columns UI

Reply #5355
Is it possible to remove headers from Filter columns altogether? I'd love to, because they do not suit my fb2k's background colour (and I do not use fancy Windows themes).

Columns UI

Reply #5356
Could you make Columns UI handle keyboard shortcuts the same way as Default UI does? I'd like keys with type [context] to perform the action on currently playing file when nothing is selected. At the moment Columns doesn't do anything in this situation.

Columns UI

Reply #5358
It would be great if Splitters or maybe all Columns UI's items in general had the option to specify a background image. In conjuction with configurable Splitter border sizes (even zero!) and fixed Splitter sizes one wouldn't have to use the "Panel Stack Splitter" extension (from another author) anymore in many situtations. I myself use that extension almost solely for the purpose of having zero sized Splitter borders and displaying background images. Would be very nice if Columns UI could do these two features on its own.

Edit: This is an example of what I mean:

It is just (Panel Stack) Splitters and a Button Bar with background images. Would be awesome if we could do such things with Columns UI itself.

Columns UI

Reply #5359
Could you make Columns UI handle keyboard shortcuts the same way as Default UI does? I'd like keys with type [context] to perform the action on currently playing file when nothing is selected. At the moment Columns doesn't do anything in this situation.
I will change the standard panels to use the newer keyboard shortcut manager API, that behaviour will come along with that at the Core's discretion.

Columns UI

Reply #5360
I'm running CUI 0.3.7.3 and Vista 64 SP2. It seems with new track notification balloon enabled, after getting my monitor locked and turn off by screensaver and power management. Sometimes I can't bring foobar back from the tray with double mouse clicks on the tray icon (likely after new track), had to use the keyboard shortcut. Please look into it.

Columns UI

Reply #5361
I was wondering if in a column display settings, there was a variable that would give me the number of items in the group?

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5362
It would be great if Splitters or maybe all Columns UI's items in general had the option to specify a background image. In conjuction with configurable Splitter border sizes (even zero!) and fixed Splitter sizes one wouldn't have to use the "Panel Stack Splitter" extension (from another author) anymore in many situtations. I myself use that extension almost solely for the purpose of having zero sized Splitter borders and displaying background images. Would be very nice if Columns UI could do these two features on its own.

Edit: This is an example of what I mean:

Those buttons are beautiful and the backgrounds and borders too...
Would you mind sharing it with us?
I would be very thankful 

Columns UI

Reply #5363
Musicmusic, I've found some characters that don't work properly in NG Playlist, I was wondering if you could take a look. In particular it's the first 4 and 6th of these: ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,??? - you might wonder why I care but there's an album with those track names!

I'm definitely using a font with those symbols in (calibri), and I tried it in DUI and they work. I'm getting some weird stuff going on, if I paste one of the Japanese characters into the Display box under Playlist View>Columns>Title column>Display, they all show up! (See the inset part in the pic.) Can you explain what's going on? Can I fix it my end?

Thanks
Well, my investigations tell me... dare I say it... it's an OS bug. Most probably DUI uses a certain workaround, but you might notice if you double-click the column divider there on a column where the largest item is one that doesn't display correctly in CUI, it will size the column incorrectly (to the width as it would be displayed in CUI).

Anyway, I do have a fix, but it needs more testing to make sure there it doesn't break anything else...

Columns UI

Reply #5364
    [/li]
durch... What a nice config that you've made!!!!! ... don't know about the rest of it but, this little glimpse is wonderful 
I would be very thankful 

Nice to know somebody else likes it. But it's not much more than that glimpse - here's the full screenshots: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=637594

Components:
    Biography View
    Channel Spectrum Panel
    Panel Stack Splitter
    Lyric Show Panel[/li]

Download:
http://ul.to/wxpisa

Columns UI

Reply #5365
@musicmusic: Would be great if you could add customized action for left-click instead of default "Play"

Reason: Useful for partying to avoid playlist hijacking or when I'm in "edit"-mode while listening to music I often accidentially click a track.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #5366
    [/li]
durch... What a nice config that you've made!!!!! ... don't know about the rest of it but, this little glimpse is wonderful 
I would be very thankful 

Nice to know somebody else likes it. But it's not much more than that glimpse - here's the full screenshots: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=637594

Components:
    Biography View
    Channel Spectrum Panel
    Panel Stack Splitter
    Lyric Show Panel[/li]

Download:
http://ul.to/wxpisa
[/quote]

Thank you!!!!
I really like it!, ... really stylish and simple!

Columns UI

Reply #5367

how i can move this panel to the bottom and change color  like here

Columns UI

Reply #5368
how i can move this panel to the bottom and change color  like here

Preferences > Display > Columns UI: Layout

Here you have to insert them as panels, i.e. (select a splitter,) RMB > Insert panel > toolbars > buttons, seekbar etc.

Color depends on Visual Style (VS) of your system-setup (Theme etc.)

Columns UI

Reply #5369
@musicmusic

It appears that my request was completely ignored so I want to at least show the reason for such thing.
Look at this picture:

Do you notice any difference?

I think that it's easier to read all the strings when there are alternating colors on the rows.
Maybe we don't need another style string for this but a simple way to achieve it will be really appreciated!

Thanks!
<insert signature here>

Columns UI

Reply #5370
I want to set 2 alternative options for artwork (cover.jpg or folder.jpg) displayed in NG playlist.

So in Artwork sources I set :

$if3($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)folder)

That doesn´t work, only the cover.jpg showes up.

also tried $replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)$if3(cover,folder)

what´s wrong?

Columns UI

Reply #5371
You have to add them as separate sources:
1. click add > front cover: [font= "Lucida Console"]$directory_path(%path%)cover[/font]
2. again click add > fron cover: [font= "Lucida Console"]$directory_path(%path%)folder[/font]

Columns UI

Reply #5372
You have to add them as separate sources:
1. click add > front cover: $directory_path(%path%)cover
2. again click add > fron cover: $directory_path(%path%)folder

?? I´m in Preferences/Display/ColumnsUI/    Tab:Artwork

there´s no add button...