Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.9.6.2 beta 3 (Read 21249 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.9.6.2 beta 3

Hi all,

a beta version of the next release 0.9.6.2 has been released today. It's a maintenance update, mainly introducing fixes and user interface tweaks.

Changes:
  • Media Library is now aware of newly installed decoder components and will re-check your folders for files that could not be indexed before.
  • New options to control tag fields searched by simple search queries, in Advanced Preferences.
  • Improvements to startup/shutdown time with ML on slow storages (e.g. network disk over WLAN).
  • Fixed $time() bug.
  • Fixed IME in autocomplete edit fields.
  • New style of Advanced Preferences.
Download link for lazy people => *clicky*
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #1
It seems startup/shutdown time decreased a little for me too, even though my music is stored on a local hdd, but maybe it's just my imagination. Either way, thanks for the update.

Reply #2
Thanks for this new beta !

• New options to control tag fields searched by simple search queries, in Advanced Preferences.

I assume these new options have something to do with this thread ? In that case, thank you very much. I suggested it on Dec. 23, and it's been merely a month since then. Bravo !  (I'm happy some of my suggestions are being implemented these days, since there was also the umlaut/accented character handling thing, implemented in 0.9.6.1)

Also, the feature list would need to be updated in that case (Core features, 5th item). Thanks again.

Reply #4
It seems startup/shutdown time decreased a little for me too, even though my music is stored on a local hdd, but maybe it's just my imagination.
Yes, it can be, although the change is most meaningful for some cases where the delay was long enough to be bothersome.

Reply #5
Gotta love

# will re-check your folders for files that could not be indexed before.
# Improvements to startup/shutdown time with ML on slow storages (e.g. network disk over WLAN).

Thanks.

Reply #6
I installed this and had to re import my Curaçao theme and redo settings. Just a minor inconvenience.

Reply #7
I installed this and had to re import my Curaçao theme and redo settings. Just a minor inconvenience.

I'm using Curaçao as well, and I didn't have to do any of this. Not sure what was wrong, in your case....?

Reply #8
This update scared me! All my music was gone. Empty facets and library was monitoring, not indexing after starting up. It's reindexing now after a restart and reinstall of 0961 final.

for a moment there i thought I lost my disk with music.

How's this possible?

my setup: winxp home sp3, music on nas with ext3 filesystem, samba-shared.

Reply #9
Beta 2 is up with a fix for broken indexing of UNC paths.

Reply #10
Hi, i have the previus version of foobar2000 the 0.9.6.1 final. my operating system is win7 x64 beta, i starting foobar as admin .. so, i uninstall foobar and remove all files .. after the update with this version i checked "run foobar now" .. and nothing happend ..  is this a bug ? the first start i can only start with the desktop icon as admin ..

Reply #12
Thanks for the fast update to beta 2 (another great blog entry on my side ).
But I've two questions:
First of all what does IME means? Input method editor?
Secondly am I blind or wasn't the advanced preferences dialog changed? I can't see any difference.

Reply #13
IME is input method editor, yes. See this bugreport for reference.

The change in Advanced preferences: Previously editing an entry replaced the line itself with an editbox, while its description was shown in a floating tooltip. Now the editbox is displayed in a temporary new subbranch instead. The view doesn't jump around so much or whatever.

Reply #14
Thanks!

Reply #15
The auto completion in the properties became broken. My workflow usually was typing, going to a suggested name with arrows, press TAB in order to apply the chosen name and go to the next field.

- Now I enter "Johann" - Several Johanns are suggested, here "Johann Sebastian Bach" followed by "Johannes Brahms". I go to Bach, and press TAB: Fb2k chooses the following suggestion, Brahms.

-> When using TAB, it always takes the next suggestion. On the last suggestion, it only leaves the entered text.

Another problem:
I explorer rightclick 16 FLAC files (play with fb2k) - Only the first 13 reach the player. (Vista)

Reply #16
The auto completion ...
-> When using TAB, it always takes the next suggestion. On the last suggestion, it only leaves the entered text.
Another problem:
I explorer rightclick 16 FLAC files (play with fb2k) - Only the first 13 reach the player. (Vista)

The first problem I can confirm although I'm used to using enter instead of tab. The use of enter still works correctly.

The second problem does not occur here. Maybe it is a problem of the 3 flac files, because here it seems to work.

Reply #17
Media Library is now aware of newly installed decoder components and will re-check your folders for files that could not be indexed before.

I've reported this bug 3 months ago and it has finally been fixed, thanks!

Reply #18
I'm getting a weird behavior (bug?) with the new 0.9.6.2 beta 2!

i keep my music in 2 locations: my D partition and an external USB drive.

since the new beta, the tags and playback statistics, from my music stored at D:, went missing:

[a href="http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fb2klibrarybugen0.png" target="_blank"]

Reply #19
When restarting computer and launching foobar2000 for first time, it scans hard drive for about ten seconds after the interface has been loaded. Hard drive is idle on subsequent launches until the next reboot.

During this time, there has not been any change to files in the music folder added to Media Library. This behavior was not there in 0.9.6.1.

Is this normal with the 0.9.6.2 beta?

Reply #20
When restarting computer and launching foobar2000 for first time, it scans hard drive for about ten seconds after the interface has been loaded. Hard drive is idle on subsequent launches until the next reboot.
Because the directory entries are still cached in memory.
During this time, there has not been any change to files in the music folder added to Media Library. This behavior was not there in 0.9.6.1.
Which behavior specifically? Nothing related to the scanning itself has changed. Isn't it possible that you didn't notice it in 0.9.6.1 because of caching too?

Reply #21
Which behavior specifically?
Meant scanning at first launch after interface was loaded, despite no change being done to the files in Media Library between versions. Sorry if I was not clear enough.

Nothing related to the scanning itself has changed. Isn't it possible that you didn't notice it in 0.9.6.1 because of caching too?
Agreed. Though there is that nagging feeling at the back of my head telling me otherwise. 

Anyway, if it's supposed to be default behavior, all's well.

Reply #23
Auto completion is working again, thank you.

I've got a question about the properties box - if you double click a field - The "Single value"/"Multiple values".

Lets say I have a CD with 15 tracks and 2 different works, 2 Symphonies. What I do is visiting the "Multiple Values" and do a lot of "ctrl+v, TAB, ctrl+v, TAB" and so on... Problem: Sometimes accidentally I press ctrl+TAB -> This brings me to the "Single value". If I enter anything there, I lose: All "Multiple values" are overwritten and I have to start again.

I noticed a change in the behaviour of "Single Value" in the first beta, but it disappeared with the latest 2 betas: At the moment when I accidentally went to "Single Value" I now see an empty text field. 2 Betas ago, Foobar presented ">>multiple values<<" there... I don't know exactly, but I also I think the trap to immediately overwrite all multiple values wasn't there. Maybe the text field didn't have the focus (i.e. no cursor blinking in it - no immediate writing possible).

I'm sure something has changed here and it was better in 0.6.2 beta1

Reply #24
OK, I installed 0.9.6.2 beta 1, did what you described and noted the changes:

I noticed a change in the behaviour of "Single Value" in the first beta, but it disappeared with the latest 2 betas: At the moment when I accidentally went to "Single Value" I now see an empty text field. 2 Betas ago, Foobar presented ">>multiple values<<" there...
Select multiple tracks, open Properties, open editor for "Track Title", start editing of one row in "Individual Values", press Ctrl+Tab to go to "Single Value".
0.9.6.2 beta 1: Textbox on the "Single Value" page is empty. It shows "«multiple values» foo; bar" only when it doesn't have focus.
0.9.6.2 beta 3: Textbox on the "Single Value" page is empty. It shows "«multiple values» foo; bar" only when it doesn't have focus.

I don't know exactly, but I also I think the trap to immediately overwrite all multiple values wasn't there. Maybe the text field didn't have the focus (i.e. no cursor blinking in it - no immediate writing possible).
Select multiple tracks, open Properties, open editor for "Track Title", start editing of one row in "Individual Values", press Ctrl+Tab or click on the tab title to go to "Single Value".
0.9.6.2 beta 1: Textbox on the "Single Value" page has focus.
0.9.6.2 beta 3: Textbox on the "Single Value" page has focus.

I'm sure something has changed here and it was better in 0.6.2 beta1
I don't know, but it doesn't seem it has. Or maybe it was in some other, earlier version