Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424213 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #250
PS: Here's my layout!

edit2: quick feedback, based on a couple minutes of playing with the beta: I can't get alpha transparency to work in the Advanced Colors, and it'd be nice to have a way to manually specify hex/rgba.

and here's my layout duplicated in the beta:

Thanks again for all your work on this awesome component!

Reply #251
edit2: quick feedback, based on a couple minutes of playing with the beta: I can't get alpha transparency to work in the Advanced Colors, and it'd be nice to have a way to manually specify hex/rgba.

Hi, aeidein!

I'll see what I can do with transparency and hex input.

Reply #252
Deskband Controls 1.0.0 is here!

Changelog:
  + Hide if foobar2000 is not running option
  + Show album art stub image on stop
  + mouse drag support in trackbars
  + ability to colorize button icons

Download link is in the first post.
Happy controlling

Reply #254
Quick question concerning the new version:  Will it simply "update" my present version (that is, conserve my present settings), or will I need to set it up again from scratch?

I love Deskband Controls, and have been using it for a couple of years now.  Many thanks.

Reply #255
Quick question concerning the new version:  Will it simply "update" my present version (that is, conserve my present settings), or will I need to set it up again from scratch?

You will have to reinstall it from scratch. It is absolutely new program, although it is doing the same thing - it is doing it better

Reply #256
I've uninstalled and installed the new version as per the instructions in the readme-file. The deskband component appears in the component list, but there is nowhere to configure it and the toolbar doesn't appear (foobar 1.3 beta5). Also, the instructions do not say what to do with the files in the "bin" folder.

Reply #257
I've uninstalled and installed the new version as per the instructions in the readme-file. The deskband component appears in the component list, but there is nowhere to configure it and the toolbar doesn't appear (foobar 1.3 beta5).

It is configured in it's own settings dialog available from right-click menu on deskaband itself. Please read readme file carefully.

Reply #258
It is configured in it's own settings dialog available from right-click menu on deskaband itself. Please read readme file carefully.

Ok, Now I understand what went wrong. I still have 2 Toolsbar items, 1. Foobar2000 Deskband Control and 2. Deskband Control even though I ran "Unregister Deskband.cmd" as Admin. Then I clicked Foobar2000 Deskband Control which was an old entry and doesn't do anything anymore.

You might want to have the script deregister old toolbar entries as well, not just the new toolbar. Thanks!

Reply #259
Deskband Controls 1.0.0 is here!

Changelog:
  + Hide if foobar2000 is not running option
  + Show album art stub image on stop
  + mouse drag support in trackbars
  + ability to colorize button icons

Happy controlling

Thanks a lot!!!!
Working flawlessly on my system

Reply #260
Wonderful work, congratulations!

The only thing that I observed is that at the system bootup, with foobar2k closed (not opening at startup), the controls appear at the taskbar, even with the option to hide when foobar2k is closed.
Indeed, when you close foobar, the controls hide; but when the system boots, the controls are there, even with foobar closed. Is this the expected behavior?

I use Win8 x64. Thank you!

Reply #261
Quick feedback/suggestions:
• When foobar is first started and before playing anything, the album art and sliders still appear even when "hide if not playing" is selected.
• I still can't get transparency (in the font colors) to work.
• Allow option for album art stub image to be "none" (transparent; instead of the default foobar stub)?

The new version is great!

Reply #262
Wonderful work, congratulations!

The only thing that I observed is that at the system bootup, with foobar2k closed (not opening at startup), the controls appear at the taskbar, even with the option to hide when foobar2k is closed.
Indeed, when you close foobar, the controls hide; but when the system boots, the controls are there, even with foobar closed. Is this the expected behavior?

I use Win8 x64. Thank you!

+1
I noticed it today after a reboot.

Is there a way to fix this behaviour?

Reply #263
• When foobar is first started and before playing anything, the album art and sliders still appear even when "hide if not playing" is selected.

Fix will be available soon.

• I still can't get transparency (in the font colors) to work.

Transparency on aero glass is hard to do. My few attempts to implement it have failed. I will try a few more times, but no guaranties.

• Allow option for album art stub image to be "none" (transparent; instead of the default foobar stub)?

Accepted.

Reply #264
A question to aeidein:
I am working on transparency issue, this is what I was managed to get:

I want to ask - how do you plan to use this?
It will not work if textblock is located over album art for instance...

Reply #265
A question to aeidein:
I am working on transparency issue, this is what I was managed to get:

I want to ask - how do you plan to use this?
It will not work if textblock is located over album art for instance...

I was just going to use it so a tiny bit of the wallpaper shows through.  I don't have any overlapping elements.

Reply #266
Deskband Controls 1.0.1

Changelog:
  - Fix for deskband always shows up regardless of "Hide if foobar2000 is not running" option
    (2 aeidein: you already have the ability to enter hex color value in advanced color settings)
  + Support for alpha channel on trackbars and text blocks
  + "Do not show stub image" option

Reply #267
Thanks so much!!!

There's a little bug: buttons colorization is inverted, if i want white buttons i have to choose black (btw i have a dark visual style with a grey taskbar).
Trackbars colorization works fine.

Reply #268
There's a little bug: buttons colorization is inverted, if i want white buttons i have to choose black (btw i have a dark visual style with a grey taskbar).

It's not inverted, its mixed. You can choose transparent, white or black to disable colorization for buttons. If you choose red for example, light colors on button image will be replaced with red. If you want to have black buttons it is better to change icons images.

Reply #269
Oh yes, sorry for the mistake
Thanks.

Reply #270
Hi,
I have a problem I don't know how to deal with. I download, unzip and register correctly according to the instructions, the DBC resisters and shows up in the toolbar, is listed in the installed components page but does not show up in the foobar2000 list of components and display options. I can open the setup page from the toolbar, but the display does not change.
When I try to run Foobar with the deskband clicked on in the toolbar list and the control showing, the computer totally locks up, I have to go ctr-esc-del to get to the task manager and disable foobar to get out of the situation.
Also some small display pops up that telling that the app is not recognized and giving a list of related info. (cannot copy and paste due to the crash), although I have installed the necessary microsoft net framework.

The funny thing - a previous but now unavailable first version of DBC 1. worked fine, the problem started with updating to the following beta versions.
I run MS 7 and the latest foobar2000 beta.

Reverting back to the old toolbar - no problem.

Reply #271
Hi kraut!
Try to do the following:
1) Uninstall old version with it's own unregister_deskband.cmd (not the new one).
2) Please make sure that you have unblocked downloaded zip before installation as described here.
3) Note that new version does not have any options in foobar2000 interface at all. All configuration is done in its own settings page available from right-click menu on toolbar.
4) Make sure that you did not encounter issues described by other users here and here.
5) If nothing helps than I'll need error window screenshot or text to better understand your issue.

Reply #272
Deskband Controls 1.0.1

Changelog:
  - Fix for deskband always shows up regardless of "Hide if foobar2000 is not running" option
    (2 aeidein: you already have the ability to enter hex color value in advanced color settings)
  + Support for alpha channel on trackbars and text blocks
  + "Do not show stub image" option

Eldarien,

I still have the trackbar /volume bar display when starting foobar.

The other two options work perfectly. 

Thanks!

Reply #273
I still have the trackbar /volume bar display when starting foobar.

Now that is strange.
Can you post your config file somewhere? (%AppData%/DeskbandControls/config.js)

Reply #274
Hi!
Some feedback:
Win7 64bit with taskbar set to hide automatically, deskband controls 1.0.1 blocks the reappearing of the taskbar if you try to make it reappear where deskband controls is on it.

This new version is very good, nice work!