Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424088 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #225
the dropbox link in the first post is working.

Reply #226
You've posted before that you are working on a new version. Do you plan to make %ispaused% work in it or create a new similar variable ?

I will try to make this scenario work, but can't promise anything for now.

Reply #227
I just forgot to say why I've asked the author to make the %ispaused% work. The main reason is that I want to use %ispaused% in my code for the "text1 format" in order to stop the scrolling of long text1 when the track is paused.
Maybe I'll display "== P A U S E D short-version-of-trackname =="
A short-version-of-trackname will prevent the scrolling.

As of now, this plugin has a built-in option called "show status" which shows [paused] when pausing the track but it doesn't stop the scrolling and it doesn't stay still (it scrolls with the scrolling text).

Reply #228
ELADARIAN BRO....this plugin is THE BEST PLUGIN. i love it.
It's simple and intuitive and very user friendly.

I am not sure if you are still working on it but if you ever get a chance, please try to add the ability to make the font size smaller. I am using Win8.
I noticed this has been mentioned before. No pressure

Thanks

Reply #229
Hi there!
New version of my plugin is finally ready (but still in beta) - 1.0.0 beta
I've updated first post, so go see that.

Bugreports and suggestions are welcome

Reply #230

What about colouring buttons individually?
Tried to import play/pause icons, forward and reverse - did not work, stop button import (ico file) worked ok.
Like to be able to set easily from clicking on the DB control, very clear panels.
Thanks for the nice work

Reply #231
Tried to import play/pause icons, forward and reverse - did not work, stop button import (ico file) worked ok.
Like to be able to set easily from clicking on the DB control, very clear panels.
Thanks for the nice work

Did not understand about the buttons..
Importing icons should work, as long as they are valid image files. If not, then can you send me them on email with your OS info?

Reply #232
Thanks for the nice work

Did not understand about the buttons..
Importing icons should work, as long as they are valid image files. If not, then can you send me them on email with your OS info?

I am able to choose different colours for the volume and position bar. It would be nice to be able to colour the buttons individually or as a group.
Regarding the ico files for the play/pause forward/reverse buttons I am going to try different downloads

Reply #233
Hi there!
New version of my plugin is finally ready (but still in beta) - 1.0.0 beta
I've updated first post, so go see that.

Bugreports and suggestions are welcome

Thanks for the update!

It doesn't work on my system (Win8.1 x64).
If i try to open settings, this warning appears:
Code: [Select]
Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Impossibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit, PublicKeyToken=3e4669d2f30244f4' o una delle relative dipendenze. Operazione non supportata. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Impossibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\Foobar2000Deskband\Bin\Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit.dll' o una delle relative dipendenze. Operazione non supportata. (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80131515) ---> System.NotSupportedException: È stato effettuato un tentativo di caricamento di un assembly da un percorso di rete, il che avrebbe causato la creazione mediante sandbox dell'assembly nelle versioni precedenti di .NET Framework. In questa versione di .NET Framework i criteri di sicurezza dall'accesso di codice non sono abilitati per impostazione predefinita, pertanto questo tipo di caricamento può risultare pericoloso. Se il caricamento non è effettuato per creare l'assembly mediante sandbox, abilitare l'opzione loadFromRemoteSources. Per ulteriori informazioni, vedere http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569.
   --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
   in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   in System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   in System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
   in Deskband.Common.AssemblyResolver.CurrentDomain_AssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)
   in System.AppDomain.OnAssemblyResolveEvent(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)
   --- Fine della traccia dello stack dell'eccezione interna ---
   in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   in System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   in System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   in Deskband.MainBand.OnSettingsMenuItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Deskband
    Versione assembly: 1.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 1.0.0.0
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/foobar2000/Foobar2000Deskband/Bin/Deskband.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
PresentationCore
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Versione assembly: 4.5.0.0
    Versione Win32: 5.0.6.16206
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/foobar2000/Foobar2000Deskband/Bin/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
PresentationFramework
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.34003
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Xaml
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
PresentationFramework.Classic
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.classic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.classic.dll
PresentationFramework.resources
    Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.33440
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.resources.dll
System.Xml
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per abilitare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
abilitato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT è abilitato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

Reply #234

You forgot to unblock downloaded zip file. Windows sometimes marks files downloaded from Internet as unsafe and this causes various glitches in downloaded software. Unregister deskband, then delete all it's files, right click downloaded zip, select "Properties" and then select "Unblock" in properties window. Reinstall again, it should work now.
I'll add this instruction to the readme file so that other people will be warned.

Reply #235

You forgot to unblock downloaded zip file. Windows sometimes marks files downloaded from Internet as unsafe and this causes various glitches in downloaded software. Unregister deskband, then delete all it's files, right click downloaded zip, select "Properties" and then select "Unblock" in properties window. Reinstall again, it should work now.
I'll add this instruction to the readme file so that other people will be warned.

Thank you so much!
Yes, it was blocked, unlocking solved the issue. Damned Windows

Just a question: is there a way to hide deskband only when foobar is closed?
"Hide if not playing" is uncomfortable because deskband closes itself when pausing or stopping the player.

Reply #236
Just a question: is there a way to hide deskband only when foobar is closed?
"Hide if not playing" is uncomfortable because deskband closes itself when pausing or stopping the player.

Not yet. I'll take it as a feature request

Reply #237
Thank you

Reply #238
Hmmm, I am still on 0.4.0.0 if I update tot he latest version will it remove my settings? Is there any reason to update if my current version works fine and I am not changing anything?

Reply #239
Hmmm, I am still on 0.4.0.0 if I update tot he latest version will it remove my settings?

Yes. But you can backup them, they are stored in %AppData%\foobar2000\configuration\

Is there any reason to update if my current version works fine and I am not changing anything?

Probably not. But new version has much richer configuration possibility and more features. It's up to you.

Reply #240
Really small nit-picky thing but is there any way to get rid of, or move this slider that pops up when I use deskband?
http://i.imgur.com/e98DZ2M.jpg If I could move it to just on the left of the album art in the default profile that would be fantastic.

PS: Thanks for making this program, I love the flexibility of configuration its fantastic!

Reply #241
Really small nit-picky thing but is there any way to get rid of, or move this slider that pops up when I use deskband?
http://i.imgur.com/e98DZ2M.jpg If I could move it to just on the left of the album art in the default profile that would be fantastic.

Just right-click on taskbar and select "Lock the taskbar" in menu.

Reply #242

Just right-click on taskbar and select "Lock the taskbar" in menu.

/slaps self
Thanks bro.

Reply #243
Hey guys, I'm new here.
With the looming death of winamp imminent I looked around for a new media player that has the functionality I've craved for years - which is exactly provided by this plugin, so I rejoiced!

However I'm having a bit of an issue getting it to work - the link between the taskbar software and foobar seems to be one way: if I change the volume in foobar the volume display changes in the taskbar. Same with the position, and the album artwork does show up as well. However the taskbar controls don't affect foobar at all, the buttons don't do anything and the volume/position bars only change the value locally (and are changed back when their value changes in foobar). Also the music text display always says **Stopped** even if a song is playing. If this is a beta issue I'd love to help with the debugging.

Also, not sure if this is a related issue and while working properly the controls work this way, but it'd be nice to be able to change value of the position/volume bars while dragging with the mouse. Currently their value only changes the instant you click, it'd be great to be able to click and drag to adjust the volume more smoothly.

System used: win8 x64

Thanks in advance for a nice piece of software :)

Reply #244
Also, would an option to double click on the album art to open up foobar be possible?

Reply #245
BoyC:
Hi. Can you tell me exact foobar version you are using as well as windows version and language?
It worked fine on all systems with clean windows installed so that must be some software interfering.
For start try to reinstall plugin and/or try to login to windows with different user.

Reply #246
Also, would an option to double click on the album art to open up foobar be possible?

Currently it restores foobar from minimized state.
By "open up" do you mean "launch when it isn't running"?

Reply #247
Ok, seems like I had a stuck foobar process that confused a lot of stuff (foobar /show would only work from a command line and not from the shortcut, etc) - not sure what went wrong, but with the process gone it's working perfectly now, both music controls and double clicking to open.

My only issue at this time is with the click and drag thingie, but that's more of a convenience feature.
Thank you for a very cool piece of sw

Reply #248
Also if anyone's interested in a nice vertical setup here's what I came up with:

Reply #249
This is still my favorite component!
Minor feature request: allow specification of a custom rgba color.  (I'm interested in specifying the opacity )