Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 424207 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #175
2 aeidein: I'll take a look, but can't tell right now.

2 LPfreak: Make sure that you installed VS2010 redistributable packages. Also note that deskband is invisible by default when foobar2000 with installed plugin is not opened.

I've tested it on clean win7 x32 and x64 and found no problems.

Reply #176
Can you add an option to change button icon size. I'd really like to have buttons around 48x48.
An option to change the height of the seek and volume bars would be cool too.

I want this because my taskbar is 3 bars tall and the tiny 16x16 buttons don't really fit in.

Reply #177
Man, u dont know for how much i wanted something like this. With this component foobar seems perfect to me now. Its working awesome. U Rock!

Reply #178
Man, u dont know for how much i wanted something like this. With this component foobar seems perfect to me now. Its working awesome. U Rock!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

Reply #179
Just installed this on Win7X64bit and its just awesome!  Thanks for sharing this!

Reply #180
great work !!
just what i needed... installed on my win7 x64  and it works great !!

thanks again

Reply #181
I've been trying to install this component with no success so far  and i can't find out what is going wrong
I have Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable packages  installed  -  even downloaded the package again and ran a "repair" installation
Register_Deskband.dll is correctly installed
Foobartoollbar option in Taskbar is ticked
I open Foobar and there is no foobardeskband  option in the preferences , neither any relevant .dll file in the components section .It seems like the component has not been installed at all

any hints ? Foobar : Latest version  OS : Win7

edit :  nm , i had not placed the .dll in the foobar folder 
        In other news , can anyone post the settings required for the plugin to look like OP's picture ?

Reply #182
I've been trying to install this component with no success so far  and i can't find out what is going wrong
I have Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable packages  installed  -  even downloaded the package again and ran a "repair" installation
Register_Deskband.dll is correctly installed
Foobartoollbar option in Taskbar is ticked
I open Foobar and there is no foobardeskband  option in the preferences , neither any relevant .dll file in the components section .It seems like the component has not been installed at all

any hints ? Foobar : Latest version  OS : Win7

edit :  nm , i had not placed the .dll in the foobar folder 
        In other news , can anyone post the settings required for the plugin to look like OP's picture ?

i also faced the same problem earlier but then i uninstalled the component from foobar, updated foobar to 1.1.14a, installed deskband again. and it works!
have you checked the settings tab in preferences>display>Deskband controls ?
to install component copy the dll file in the folder \Foobar\components
initially it did not show in my folder also when i used preferences>components to install.

Reply #183
Great work! Using it at the moment. It'd be nice if you added option to change the font.

Reply #184
From the looks of it, this is exactly what I need.
Plus it seems to have a very on-the-ball developer behind it.
(I was happily using FoxyTunes until Yahoo decided to shut it down.)

Unfortunately all attempts at installation result in the following error:
[blockquote]Could not load component "deskband_controls.dll": Unsupported format or corrupted file[/blockquote]

My system:
Foobar 1.1.15
Windows XP sp3
C++ redistributable installed

If I can give you any more information I'll happily do so.
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Reply #185
Hi, I like this plugin very much and it works great on my Windows 7 machine.... but when I tried to install it on my new Windows 8 computer, when register the dll file, the system will pop up an error alart...and when right click windows toolbar, no foobar deskband controls option to select...

is there any way to make this work on Windows 8? Thanks.
.:: Evchenic.S+udio ::.

Reply #186
2 emte: Custom font and many other improvements will be in a new version that i am working on. But it needs more time (a few month, i guess) to finish, as i am porting shell extension to .NET in my free time. Feature requests are welcome

2 unbert: Sorry, no idea. It works on clean WinXP SP3, so it must be something with your system.

2 shevchenic: Just checked, it works. See http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/fdcwin8.png/

Reply #187
Ah. Thanks for the reply.
For what its worth the official Winamp deskband controls (ugly, impractical) installed without a problem on this system.

But I do have a tweaked non-Microsoft MSStyles, which involves messing slightly with explorer.exe
Would that cause the problem?

Reply #188
Ah. Thanks for the reply.
For what its worth the official Winamp deskband controls (ugly, impractical) installed without a problem on this system.

But I do have a tweaked non-Microsoft MSStyles, which involves messing slightly with explorer.exe
Would that cause the problem?

Maybe, who knows. But if you say that c++ 2010 redistributable is installed then maybe it's some other component. You can try to use dependency walker to see if there are any unresolved dependencies (showed in red), but it doesn't use anything special...

Reply #189
Thanks for the tip, dependency walker doesn't seem to show anything wrong, from what I can tell.

As a last resort, I tried to install foo_deskband_controls.dll, and it works. Seems to give me what I need. Many thanks!

One remaining problem: I have a vertical taskbar, and the height of the deskband won't go below about 80 pixels.
As a result, it's taking up about an inch of vertical space. It really should be half that or less.
Is there a way to adjust that? I have the taskbar unlocked, obviously.

Reply #190
It's not a big deal, by the way, but it'd be nice to tweak it.
Your deskband is on the right. That's the least amount of vertical space I can get it to occupy right now.
(The controls at the bottom are for FoxyTunes. They'll be gone once I get this set up and working.)

Reply #191
2 Umbert: try to set Deskband width to 30. Width and height are swapped by explorer if taskbar is in vertical mode.

Reply #192
That did it, terrific!
I want to say thankyou, both for the component which I've been using for a few days now and which works perfectly, and for the way you handle questions in the forum. Both excellent.
That's rare and is much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply #193
Great plug-in eldarien and as others have said, great support.
I've done software development and I know how much time and work goes into something like this.
Keep up the good work man.  You just made foobar2000 my favorite player.

Cheers 

Mike

Reply #194
@eldarien,

I have upgraded to Windows 8 (from win 7) and now the font of text in the deskband is larger (it was ok in w7), please see the image below where the text is larger than the clock at the far right:

Anyway, thanks again for this great component !
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #195
@eldarien,
I have upgraded to Windows 8 (from win 7) and now the font of text in the deskband is larger (it was ok in w7)

Yeah, they changed internal taskbar font, it seems. Will be fixed in next version, but can't promise when it'll be ready, maybe in december.

Reply #196
I made an account just to share how much I love this plugin; it's a cornerstone of usability for me, and you've done great work on it! Thank you.
I do have a couple thoughts though. The ability to size text and seek bar/volume field height, and add as many separate text fields as desired would be useful for layout fine tuning. You could also add more options for album art fields, but that's pretty minor and many albums don't have them. Thank you again and good luck.

Reply #197
Thanks for this plugin! I was looking for something like this for a long time.

Is there a possibility to add an option that I can click somewhere on displayed text to bring the foobar window to the front when it is minimized?

Reply #198
2 Noddle: multiple text fields are definitely going to be in the next version

2 goldencore: this functionality is already present - just double click on album art or text field.

Reply #199
I created an account just to thank you for this amazing addon! It's just was I was looking for!
Also, it works just fine in Windows 8 x64, though I had to tweak position, width and cover size as the default looked all messed up.
This was my result after some tinkering with settings: