Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices (Read 1270 times) previous topic - next topic

1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices

Hi.
I've recently updated to 1.6 beta and there is an issue when i plug in TV or external sound card - playback pauses and there is an error like 'Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 48000 Hz / 32-bit / 2 channels'. The playback continues without issues if i manually start it.
I have no idea where 32-Bit resolution comes from since none of my devices support it, and neither any of the files are 32-Bit.
I'm using 'Default: Primary Sound Driver' output and have 'Resampler (PPHS)' DSP enabled.
Thanks, Oleg.

Re: 1.6 beta "Unrecoverable playback error" when changing devices

Reply #1
The OS should be handling the 32 bit (floating point) format and demote it to whatever format your device is configured to use.

Reply #3
Are you running the latest beta? Some similar issues were reported with earlier versions which have since been fixed.
yes i'm running 1.6beta8

Reply #4
Thanks for the bug report, issue will be fixed for the next update.

The reason for this is that "Primary Sound Driver" is a pseudo-device that maps to whatever device is currently the default, so it may actually become a completely different device in mid-playback, which foobar2000 doesn't properly respond to - specifically, doesn't change the audio stream format it sends when the new device wants a different one.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #5
Fixed in beta 9.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #7
Fixed in beta 9.

I'm still getting "Unrecoverable Playback Error 0x80070490" when switching from my dac to my av receiver. v1.6.4