Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4584602 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #5525
How to create column "playing" like in default user interface?
play/pause

Columns UI

Reply #5526
You can't insert icons in NG plylist view, but you can use some characters. Insert new column with this script:
[font= "Lucida Console"]$if(%ispaused%,||,$if(%isplaying%,>))[/font]

Now change those characters to your liking

[edit] typo

Columns UI

Reply #5528
Hi Musicmusic,

there seems to be a minor bug on Win7 Pro: Autohide of panels does not work in some cases. In my case, I have a panel with filters. If I choose "Vaughan Williams" in a panel, it does not auto hide. with other composers, it works.

The special thing here is, there's an ALT+0160 between Vaughan and Williams.

This is the filter code:

Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%path%,Klassik),$if(%composer%,$puts(spc,$strrchr(%composer%, ))$substr(%composer%,$add($get(spc),1),999)', '$left(%composer%,$get(spc)),'<not set>'))

Columns UI

Reply #5529
I have this Filter layout:

Filter precedence is set to "by field list" and the list in Filter preferences is as the screenshot: starting from "Genre" and ending with "Album". As on screenshot, for example, I selected Codec tab and some codec.

The problem is that now filters can't be reseted from anywhere but from Codec filter. I would expect that higher ranged filters (precedence set to "by field list") should reset the lower filters, but that isn't the case: If I go to Genres and select "All" - nothing happens, but I need to select some genre and then select "All" if I want to reset filters.

I hope I'm clear: Is this behavior for some purpose or it can be changed?

Columns UI

Reply #5530
Is it possible to change this text's style into something like bigger font size or bold text without affecting other text?

Columns UI

Reply #5531
Font size and options: Preferences --> Columns UI --> Colours and fonts --> Fonts --> NG Playlist: Group Titles
Font colour (independent from colours and fonts settings): Preferences --> Columns UI --> Playlist view --> Grouping.
Something like:
$rgb(128,192,255)$upper($if2(%album artist%,Unknown)) $rgb(0,128,255)$char(8226) $rgb(128,192,255)$upper($if(%album%,%album%[ - %discnumber%],%directoryname%))

Columns UI

Reply #5532
There is a glitch/bug when using the podcatcher component and Columns UI.  I do not know if it is CUI's of podcatcher's fault.
After playing an already downloaded podcast for the very first time (by starting it in the playlist managed by podcatcher), the seek-bar is not working (it is greyed out and not moving/movable).  On subsequent plays everything is fine.  The problem occurs on the very first play for each downloaded track.

The default UI does not seem to have this problem.

I posted the exact steps to reproduce the problem in the podcatcher thread.

Columns UI

Reply #5533
Got a question about the Filters...

Can i use Tab Stack and then add 3 filters?

2 filters side by side and a third below them?

Genre/Artist
-------------
Album

I got the layout right but only the Genre/Artist filters work together, cant get the album filter to work with them..

I tried doing this for awhile now but cant seem to get it working, What am i doing wrong? =/

If you need more info plz let me know..

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #5534
I found a bug or at least something weird: I changed the filter names to their plurals, but look what happened:

Columns UI

Reply #5537
found a tiny little bug, I think  don't know if its already reported, because I don't know how to describe it

if you use the inline tag editing and click on a field in the %artist% column, for a short moment the font is just the default System font, I think its Terminal (System) or something, its only on the artist tag and really just for a jiffy

take care
Chris-

Columns UI

Reply #5538
Hi,
I guess I've found a bug, involving the status bar.
The problem is that when it is shown, I get my screen "cropped".
See the image:

Please, tell me how to fix it.
Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #5539
a quick question: how do I add a filter view for folders? I have all my music in 5 folders (with subfolders) on I: and I'd love to have a filter view where I can browse through the folders and then select the regular artist and album, much like foo facets but with columns UI

Thanks in advance
Stagnation

Columns UI

Reply #5540
a quick question: how do I add a filter view for folders? I have all my music in 5 folders (with subfolders) on I: and I'd love to have a filter view where I can browse through the folders and then select the regular artist and album, much like foo facets but with columns UI

I do something similar. I've got an Audio folder which has all my music in, and there's a sub folder inside it called Unsorted which is where all my non-tag corrected music goes. Inside that folder I have another folder called iPod Quality for my LAME V4 rips for use on my Ipod.

I added a filter called Unsorted with this line:
$if($strstr(%path%,iPod Quality),'Unsorted iPod',$if($strstr(%path%,Unsorted),'Unsorted','Already Filed'))

When selected it will show three groupings, all my music that has been properly filed, Unsorted iPod Files and Unsorted files. You should be able to start with that and modify it for your own use... assuming your directories names aren't the kind of thing you would find inside an artist subfolder (i.e. I might have problems if an artist released an album with the word Unsorted in the title).

Columns UI

Reply #5541

I do something similar. I've got an Audio folder which has all my music in, and there's a sub folder inside it called Unsorted which is where all my non-tag corrected music goes. Inside that folder I have another folder called iPod Quality for my LAME V4 rips for use on my Ipod.

I added a filter called Unsorted with this line:
$if($strstr(%path%,iPod Quality),'Unsorted iPod',$if($strstr(%path%,Unsorted),'Unsorted','Already Filed'))

When selected it will show three groupings, all my music that has been properly filed, Unsorted iPod Files and Unsorted files. You should be able to start with that and modify it for your own use... assuming your directories names aren't the kind of thing you would find inside an artist subfolder (i.e. I might have problems if an artist released an album with the word Unsorted in the title).

ok, to try if it worked I edited the code to this: $if($strstr(%path%,[log]),'[log]',$if($strstr(%path%,[-]),'[-]','the rest, simply'))
where [log] and [-] are the foldrs with my best music, I want to browse those two the most since they are properly indexed and contain good music. Everything turns up as the rest, simply though.

I assumed strstr(%path%,bar),'foo' means something along the lines of if folder path is foo then list as bar. and the last part was just the rest.

edit: took a print screen of foo_facets' display, which is exactly what I want.

the artist count isn't really neccesary, but it would be nice -even if it's only a custom name of the folder like "[-]          801 artist"
%folder path% gives all folders sorted alphabetially and that doesn't really help me since I have _alot_ of folders but what I want is to be able to choose which of the five folders to browse.

//Stag

Columns UI

Reply #5542
ok, to try if it worked I edited the code to this: $if($strstr(%path%,[log]),'[log]',$if($strstr(%path%,[-]),'[-]','the rest, simply'))
where [log] and [-] are the foldrs with my best music, I want to browse those two the most since they are properly indexed and contain good music. Everything turns up as the rest, simply though.

I assumed strstr(%path%,bar),'foo' means something along the lines of if folder path is foo then list as bar. and the last part was just the rest.

Okay, a few clarifications. I think you have the logic correct and just wrote it wrong, but just in case $if($strstr(%path,bar),'foo') means: If folder path CONTAINS bar, then list as foo.

Secondly, if [log] is actually part of the folder name you're going to have problems writing it like that. [foobar] is actually a shortcut way of writing $if(foobar, foobar). If you need to include square brackets you need to wrap them in single quotes so your line becomes: $if($strstr(%path%,'['log']'),'['log']',$if($strstr(%path%,'['-']'),'['-']','the rest, simply'))

the artist count isn't really neccesary, but it would be nice -even if it's only a custom name of the folder like "[-]          801 artist"
%folder path% gives all folders sorted alphabetially and that doesn't really help me since I have _alot_ of folders but what I want is to be able to choose which of the five folders to browse.

When you have multiple filters the All selection (always the first in the filter) will show the count. So if you select the [-] folder in the first filter, and the second filter is set to show artists, the first entry will be "All (801 artists)".

Columns UI

Reply #5543

Okay, a few clarifications. I think you have the logic correct and just wrote it wrong, but just in case $if($strstr(%path,bar),'foo') means: If folder path CONTAINS bar, then list as foo.

Secondly, if [log] is actually part of the folder name you're going to have problems writing it like that. [foobar] is actually a shortcut way of writing $if(foobar, foobar). If you need to include square brackets you need to wrap them in single quotes so your line becomes: $if($strstr(%path%,'['log']'),'['log']',$if($strstr(%path%,'['-']'),'['-']','the rest, simply'))

When you have multiple filters the All selection (always the first in the filter) will show the count. So if you select the [-] folder in the first filter, and the second filter is set to show artists, the first entry will be "All (801 artists)".

Thank you, it works now, I'm going to try to add all five folders now, shouldn't be too hard now that I know the basics.
again, Thank you very much

it works really nice: here's a screenshot:

and my code:
$if($strstr(%path%,'['log']'),'['log']',$if($strstr(%path%,'['-']'),'['-']',$if($strstr(%path%,'['+']'),'['+']',$if($strstr(%path%,'['o']'),'['o']','[' ']'))))

I couldn't get the regular if clause to include [ ] so I just put that as the rest since that's what's left when you remove the other four folders.

Columns UI

Reply #5545
Change your theme in Windows.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Columns UI

Reply #5547
no

terry

Columns UI

Reply #5548
To go with Stagnation problem in filter, i was wondering if we could have a directory structure in filter like we have in albumlist?

Columns UI

Reply #5549
Hi folks,

I've a question: I am using the filter panels to browse my media library and have a lot of files with multiple artists

if I use 'Artist' for the filter, its okey dokey, all artists are listed, but if I use the swapprefix option, the filter displays the multiple artists separated by a comma 'Name1, Name2'

I am currently using this:
$swapprefix($meta(artist))

also tested with
$swapprefix(%artist%)

no differences

thanks in advance

@musicmusic: great component keep up the good work, small request, I don't know I thought I already requested it, but can't find the post
the option to change the 'send to playlist' for the filter panel

and maybe it would be a good idea to create a separate preferences page, just like for the album panel, it would be much easier to find, but thats only a suggestion