Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upnp/DLNA no longer functions after Microsoft Update of Windows 10 (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

Upnp/DLNA no longer functions after Microsoft Update of Windows 10

Hello,

A few days ago, Microsoft remotely installed an update to Windows 10 on my computer. Yesterday, when I installed FB2K, it would not accept the UPnP Media Render Output. It will appear to install, but is not functional. The UPnP Media Render Output is listed under the Library>Configure>Components tab, but does not show under Library>Configure>Components>Tools entry. There is no UPnP browser or controller shown under View. I have a friend who is also trying to install FB2K on a Windows 10 machine that was recently updated remotely by Microsoft. He is having the same problem I am having.

I have been researching off and one for two days and came across this advice on turning on the Windows 10 services listed below. I have turned all of them  but without resolving the problem. Services are:
   - Function Discovery Provider Host
   - Function Discovery Resource Publication
   - SSDP Discovery
   - UPnP Device Host

Any help would be most appreciated!