Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Low Volume - No Exclusive Mode (Read 650 times) previous topic - next topic

Low Volume - No Exclusive Mode

Fb2k was working fine, then it went sideways for me after I unplugged my DAC and plugged it back in.

WASAPI.exe never shows up in Task Manager any more, and the Windows 10 volume controls now affect Foobar2000 output, which it was not doing previously.

I have taken the W10 April Creator's update and did recently bump the Foobar2k version up the the beta, but this was just working a few minutes ago. I've checked settings, restarted, but no change.

Oddly, the low volume is reflected in the spectrum display. Songs I'd listened to a few minutes ago now show much lower decibel levels.

Re: Low Volume - No Exclusive Mode

Reply #1
More info....

Cleared all FB2K settings, rebuilt the library, checked Output, volume is back. Spectrum meter looks fine again.

BUT! No more WASAPI.exe in the Task Manager, and the Windows Mixer is still able to control volume. Exclusive mode seems to be ignored, so I have to assume Windows has its grubby fingers in the digital signal stream. I wonder if I should reinstall the DAC driver.