Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot seem to query `(unsynced) lyrics = ...` (Read 549 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot seem to query `(unsynced) lyrics = ...`

I've had this issue for years now actually, it's not related to recent updates or components or anything.

In my collection, I use 2 lyrics tags: lyrics and unsynced lyrics. They are mapped to tag fields with the exact same name (Lyrics=LYRICS;Unsynced Lyrics=UNSYNCED LYRICS).

My UI config shows me which files have either kind of lyrics (like how most people make their UI display a star rating). However, I don't always wanna bother looking up and format-correcting the exact lyrics to everything, so I often just put "..." as unscyned lyrics so that at least my UI shows me the audio contains lyrics even though I don't have the actual text. So my collection contains a bunch of files with unsynced lyrics=... and occasionally a file where I mistakenly put ... into lyrics.

Now the problem arises when I try to query tracks with "..." lyrics so I can check which ones need work. I can query for the presence of either tag just fine (with MISSING/PRESENT), but using `IS ...` never returns any results. No combination of lyrics and unsynced lyrics, field reference or title formatting string, enclosing in double quotes or not, or IS vs HAS ever returns any matches.

Attached demonstrative screenshot: the music note glyph on the right is the marker for tracks with lyrics. The track list is the search result of `unsynced lyrics PRESENT`. You can see the chosen file has unsynced lyrics=...

However, all of the following queries return 0 matches:
unsynced lyrics IS ...
unsynced lyrics IS "..."
"unsynced lyrics" IS "..."
%unsynced lyrics% IS "..."
%unsynced lyrics% HAS "..."
unsynced lyrics HAS ...
etc

Are periods treated specially by foobar's search algorithm in such a way that ... inherently cannot be matched? Is there a working query to get what I need, or did I screw myself over by choosing ... as my placeholder?

Thanks for any help

Re: Cannot seem to query `(unsynced) lyrics = ...`

Reply #1
Even `"$stricmp($meta(unsynced lyrics),'...')" IS 1` doesn't yield anything, but works for other values (like %title% and 'still alive').

I'm honestly baffled even the title formatting query doesn't yield anything. Am I overlooking something essential but non-obvious?

Reply #2
Look for LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar's config folder and change/add your field to list of fieldBasic

Reply #3
Done, `fieldBasic=unsynced lyrics`, and restarted foobar - same result with all queries.

Reply #4
Ah, unsynced lyrics was also added to fieldSpam, removing it from there made it start working

Thanks a lot EpicForever!