Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I have a Pioneer Drive with Pure Read 3+ (Read 2880 times) previous topic - next topic

I have a Pioneer Drive with Pure Read 3+

Do you have to use a special software to take advantage of Pure Read function?
Does Pure Read interfere with software that does its own approach to ripping? (multiple reads to fix errors?)
Is the Pure Read 3+ useless because EAC has its own way of preventing errors?
Would it have been better to buy a cheap 20 dollar drive instead of this drive that cost me over $150?

Re: I have a Pioneer Drive with Pure Read 3+

Reply #2
On the other hand, if you are using Mac and don't want to pay for dBpoweramp or don't want to use Windows through Parallels, and instead use a free program like XLD, would Pure Read do the job?

Reply #3
On the other hand, if you are using Mac and don't want to pay for dBpoweramp or don't want to use Windows through Parallels, and instead use a free program like XLD, would Pure Read do the job?

Like EAC and dBpoweramp, XLD supports AccurateRip. I therefore don't see any added value in Pure Read for that use case.

Reply #4
Does that mean XLD will re-read the CD until it gets it right?
Pure Read not only re-reads but changes the angle of sensor so it works better.

Reply #5

AccurateRip is about verifying your rip against an online database of the same rips. Your question is about the correction mechanisms during the ripping process, I don't know how XLD works on this level. As long as your rips can be verified as Accurate there is no reason to bother about correction mechanisms on software or hardware level.

I should say: consider Pure Read as a 'nice to have', it might help when ripping scratched media. But nowadays a cheap drive with the appropriate software will probably do as well as a more expensive drive.

Reply #6

AccurateRip is about verifying your rip against an online database of the same rips. Your question is about the correction mechanisms during the ripping process, I don't know how XLD works on this level. As long as your rips can be verified as Accurate there is no reason to bother about correction mechanisms on software or hardware level.

I should say: consider Pure Read as a 'nice to have', it might help when ripping scratched media. But nowadays a cheap drive with the appropriate software will probably do as well as a more expensive drive with extra bells and wistles