Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portal appears to be broken in Chrome (Read 3917 times) previous topic - next topic

Portal appears to be broken in Chrome

The portal (landing page for hydrogenaudio.org) appears to be malfunctioning. It displays only the header, footer and the navigational breadcrumb:

Reply #1
Fine here. Maybe clear your browser cache. Close and reload browser and page.

Reply #2
Yeah, that's the first thing I did.

A closer look indicates that some of the HTML generated is malformed and may be causing issues within Chrome (but IE9 is fine):

Code: [Select]
<td class='row2''>

(That's two apostrophes, not one quotation mark. That's bad.)

Reply #3
I fixed that single quote bug in the template, but I don't know what else it needs.

Apparently, the bug only affects Chrome dev channel or newer. Neither beta nor stable exhibit the issue.

I would like to fix the glaring validation failures on that portal code, and heck, the main template, but I don't even know where some of the template bits are stored. Like that meta description tag that isn't terminated like an XML tag should be. And then a link or two that contain raw ampersands instead of &amp;, but that should be easier to find.

Reply #4
The site's (X)HTML isn't 100% compliant but that shouldn't be the problem - Chrome's devtools have no problem parsing the structure. This is simply a bug in (the development version of) Chrome.

I fixed some of the issues kode54 pointed out. If you point out more, I can fix those too. But it doesn't help Chrome.

You can also use Firefox, Opera, or hell, even IE. They work.

Reply #5
Seems to work in the 18.x branch of Chrome, only 19.x is broken.