Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CoverArt Look (Read 20319 times) previous topic - next topic

CoverArt Look

Zipped file contains coverart.ski and coverart.png for use with foo_looks 2.x
Screenshot here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....owtopic=18793&#

This look is meant to be used with fb2k main UI, hence its 'minimised to tray'/'activated' status is linked to the main UI's.

I personally use it with both fb2k and foo_looks set to 'Always on top' and fb2k set to 'Minimise to system tray'. Doing so allows the look and fb2k to be activated/hidden by clicking on fb2k's icon in the system tray.

Album art that gets displayed is the first item to be returned by look_getAlbumArtList(). Resolution scaled to 320x320 pixels (waiting for danZ to implement retrieving of image size, so that I can display images at its native aspect ratio)

Double-clicking the spectrum show/hides it.

Look is free to be modified (I have no plans for modifications or updates at the moment).

Thanks to tk32 for seekbar script; tk32 and danZ for help with coding the syncFb2kUI script; and DocUK for the displaySongInfo script.

---

Edit: Updated syncFb2kUI script. Previous version did not save the visible status of already hidden sprites. E.g. if you hid the spectrum by double clicking it, minimised foo_looks+fb2k, then brought it back up, the spectrum will be visible by default. New version of coverart.ski fixes this. Same download link below.

CoverArt Look

Reply #1
excellent work

it's really nice to see people making skins to their own needs/desires

nice to see people making use of my seekbar script too

i'm proud of you for getting the SyncFb2kUI script working - it's great

keep up the good work

2 pieces of advice:
- you'll get a lot less CPU usage if you use a graphical spectrum bar
- the albumart currently requires strict naming standards of the images. make the following adjustment to make it looser:

Code: [Select]
sprite albumArt
bool enabled true
list rect int { 0 0 320 320 }
list scripts string {
    "dragLook",
    "displayAlbumArt[default=look_folder..'looks20.jpg']"
}
string search1 "*front*"
string search2 "*cover*"
string search3 "*back*"
string search4 "*cd*"
string search5 "*"

CoverArt Look

Reply #2
you'll get a lot less CPU usage if you use a graphical spectrum bar

Yes, I was wondering myself why CPU usage was so high (up to 90+% on my computer). I'll experiment a little with a graphical spectrum bar.

Does the same apply for the seekbar? You'll notice that if you disable the spectrum (by double-clicking on it), the CPU usage is still rather high (~30-40%). This goes down to 0-1% when the seekbar is disabled. Well, I guess I can answer my own question by experimenting a little more when I have time

the albumart currently requires strict naming standards of the images. make the following adjustment to make it looser:
Code: [Select]
sprite albumArt
bool enabled true
list rect int { 0 0 320 320 }
list scripts string {
    "dragLook",
    "displayAlbumArt[default=look_folder..'looks20.jpg']"
}
string search1 "*front*"
string search2 "*cover*"
string search3 "*back*"
string search4 "*cd*"
string search5 "*"

Yup, I saw this portion of code at the foo_looks RC1 topic. But since I scripted the look for my own usage before deciding to share it, I did not really bother adding it in... too lazy  It works for my purpose as I only have one file named 'folder.jpg' which is the cover artwork.

But this doesn't stop anyone from modifying the look to suit their needs/usage. In fact, please do, as I don't intend to make any modifications. At least until I can retrieve the size of images (I have quite a lot of cover art that doesn't fit into a square aspect ratio)

Thanks for the tip though.

However, I personally think it would be more intuitive for a look scripter/designer if the search strings can be passed in to the look_getAlbumArtList() function as parameters e.g. look_getAlbumArtList("*front*", "*cover*", "*back*", "*cd*", "*"). Just an opinion.

CoverArt Look

Reply #3
i think i might have a go at customizing it more to my needs

if you don't mind (as you said above)

i have a few ideas i'd like to try

i'll name the skin differently though

i'll be working on:

- buttons to scroll through albumart
- reducing cpu usage
- using a spectrum bar graphic
- adding more lines of track info display
- ability to change color themes
- sliding drawer with playlist buttons[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'] (add,add dir,remove,sort, etc..)[/span]

CoverArt Look

Reply #4
i think i might have a go at customizing it more to my needs

if you don't mind (as you said above)

Not at all.
- buttons to scroll through albumart

Was thinking about this when I was working on it. Initial idea was to click on the image itself to scroll through album art instead of having buttons (to save on screen space). But again, do as you deem fit.

Please share the end product when you're done, I might end up using your version instead