Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JPEG 2000 plugin (Read 2916 times) previous topic - next topic

JPEG 2000 plugin

Hello, I'm a 100% newbie when it comes to fb2k API.
I'm considering converting my artwork from png to JPEG 2000 and lack of support from foobar is a major setback. So I decided that it may be worthwhile to write a plugin that decodes them. But here comes the question: is it even possible?
I mean: is it possible to make a plugin that decodes images in some format, so that other plugins can use it w/out any modifications?

JPEG 2000 plugin

Reply #1
The Default UI module uses the GDI+ library to read images, while Columns UI uses the relevant image libraries directly. So far as I know, neither support extending their format support with external components.

JPEG 2000 plugin

Reply #2
The Default UI module uses the GDI+ library to read images, while Columns UI uses the relevant image libraries directly. So far as I know, neither support extending their format support with external components.

Thank you for the answer.