Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_revive (Read 74581 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #25
I am not sure whether that info is helpful to user. I'll consider it.

I'm rather sure it is. I was about to download your plugin just because I've needed it a few times, and will be needing it again and again... but I didn't download. Because I will wait until I need it, sincerely hoping this feature will be there. But just highlighting them seems to me like a rather unpleasant status report...

The more control the better. A report when done, that seems obvious to me. I think it should state which items worked and weren't touched, which items were changed, last but not least any items that were broken but couldn't be found. If it could also show all new filepaths, that would be great. That way I could check that there hasn't been any mixing up of similar songs.

I second this. Moreover, I see cases where the plugin fails to find an alternative (same artist, same title, but different codec).

Anyway, hakase seems to have dropped any development ont theis pretty plugin... Would anyone suggest an alternative ?

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #26
Anyway, hakase seems to have dropped any development ont theis pretty plugin... Would anyone suggest an alternative ?

I have looked but never found any better playlist fixers other then Hakase's plugin. Perhaps it could be open-sourced?

A change I would like to add would be for it to uniquely id the files based on the audio content portion of the file only. This would make it resistant against ID3 header, filename changes and the like.

You might want to look ats M3U Reviver a standalone by Werner Staudacher but I found it quite a fiddle to use.

Another trick I tried was to use an in-built playlist repair facility of WinAmp but looking at my current version that option seems to be absent?

Perhaps there are other apps, I would be intrigued to know.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #27
A change I would like to add would be for it to uniquely id the files based on the audio content portion of the file only. This would make it resistant against ID3 header, filename changes and the like.

Yeah, using MusicBrainz'MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID field would be very cool.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #28
It doesn't seem to work for some of my playlists, I'm trying to fix the location of a file that used to be in C:/Shared but is now in D:/Shared. I see it in my library but it still doesn't work.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #29
Works perfectly, thank you!

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #30
Not working here.

It shows me the missing tracks but cannot revive them eventhough I definitely have the same file OR the same title in my Media Library.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #31
Code: [Select]
Tracks that fail to update due to no or multiple candidates are selected in the playlist. Please make sure your media files have been scanned into the media library.

Any idea on this one?

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #32
Great plugin!  I've only recently been creating dedicated playlists, had always used the autoplaylists, and have a general Music folder that I just toss new folders into as I obtain them.  Problem with playlists of course is when it's time to do some housecleaning the playlists become hopelessly screwed up; but this component fixes things in no time flat.  Thanks for your work!

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #33
Very useful plugin, thanks! :]
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #34
How do you get it to run once you extract it? there is no revive dead files option... or am I just being stupid?

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #36
Very useful little app. Works like a charm so far.

In theory it's not strictly vital as fileops within Foobar itself keeps playlists up to date but using revive is much more straightforward.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #37
Brilliant.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #38
Thanks!

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #39
Thanks.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #40
Great Thx.
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #41
Same issue as ELITEeNergizer reported--On a couple different PCs, I've had the plugin fail to find items, usually when I'm porting foobar and my music collection to a new PC with a different combination of drive letters. I'm guessing the problem is related to drive letters, since we're talking the exact same set of MP3s whose paths would previously be updated. I'll test this some more if there's any indication the plugin is still under development.

foo_playlist_revive

Reply #43
Doesn't seem like there was any development on this recently, a pity.

This option became meaningless as I modified the matching algorithm in v0.2. Please just ignore it :-)

Basically the mathcing is based on file size and track length. A matching title field is a positive factor but not determinative.
The case this scenario doesn't take into account is when you convert the tracks to a different format (for lossless tracks). Alternatively matching by tags would help with that.

Re: foo_playlist_revive

Reply #45
worked thanks!  8)  8)  8)  :o  :D have my updoot

Reply #46
@Moderation: Please remove the dead link from the first post completely.
No one benefits from it and it's confusing.
There are constantly users claiming they couldn't find it / it's offline, especially when they look at the date.
And then they think
Code: [Select]
[attachment=5807:foo_play...t_revive.zip]
is the new link, which also doesn't work...

Please just edit it, no one will be mad at you.

Reply #47
Doesn't work with drive letter changes and cue files... listFix also doesn't work with cue files since they are not properly supported in m3u(8) format. Fb2k also doesn't provide path edit capability... Does anyone have the source code to this plugin? It's looking really hopeless right now...

Reply #48
Maybe it's because of the new fb2k playlist format? I guess I should be glad that I only have to manually add 30G worth of files this time...

Reply #49
Update: I forgot to turn off playlist replace item restriction... Some items still can't be revived automatically but generally works well now