Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Total newbie to plugins... (Read 4154 times) previous topic - next topic

Total newbie to plugins...

Hi there,

Let's assume that I have absolutely no knowledge in programming (which is more or less the truth)

What do I need to make plugins? What langages should I learn and how? Do I need softwares ? I've downloaded the SDK bat that doesnt help me much for the time being...

thanks for answering

Reply #1
What langages should I learn and how?

C++. Get a book or find a tutorial on the internet. Use your imagination and Google.

Do I need softwares ?

You need a C++ compiler. There are free ones available, which should suffice for the learning stage. To compile foobar2000 plugins, it is easiest to use the Microsoft compiler and IDE. Again, Google is you friend.

Edit: Good starting places other than Google for finding free compilers are here and here.

Reply #2
Thanks for answering !

New plugins soon I hope