Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k Data Backup (Read 315 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k Data Backup

I would like to take a backup of my fb2k configuration, library and all settings.  I wish to do this so that if I ever have to reinstall I have my complete configuration and library preserved.  I realize that I must install the same version along with all components of the same version.  Would that plus a ZIP of %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000 directory and all files and directories below be sufficient for a complete restore?

Re: fb2k Data Backup

Reply #1
All the settings are stored under the %appdata%\foobar2000 directory so backing it up is enough.
Note that you can typically also always install a newer version of the player. Though when you do that it's safest to have the profile directory already in place, so any possible file imports and version upgrades can be performed without trouble.

Re: fb2k Data Backup

Reply #2
Another thing to keep in mind is that nothing is easier to backup than the Portable version of Foobar, an option offered on install.  Unless you deliberately choose to store certain things elsewhere, everything (as in EVERYTHING--excluding your actual music files of course) is stored in one single folder by default.  Copy that somewhere and you've got it all.