Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI (Read 27161 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI

Reply #50
@ohyeah Yes, it seems everything is ok now :) Thanks

Reply #51
Thanks for the plugin.
Global hotkeys do not work if the player window is out of focus.

Reply #52
Maybe it needs to register itself with modeless_dialog_manager? modeless_dialog.h for reference. This may be the case for main thread modeless dialogs.

Reply #53
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod_plus:https://github.com/ttsping/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod_plus

Looking for someone to update the script code to make it more modern, with icons adapted to segoe MDL2 or FontAwesome fonts, DPI, etc.; and perhaps add five-star ratings, etc.

Reply #54
Thanks for the plugin.
Global hotkeys do not work if the player window is out of focus.

Global hotkeys for what? need more details.

Reply #55
Maybe it needs to register itself with modeless_dialog_manager? modeless_dialog.h for reference. This may be the case for main thread modeless dialogs.
ok, i will look into it.

Reply #56
Seems to work for me now.  Thank you.  I do have a question.  What does the shadow option do?  What I'm seeing is kind of odd.  With this option off, the panel displays normally and with square corners.  With it on, the panel flashes blue (my windows accent color) before loading and has the Windows 11 curved corners.  I actually like this because some of my panels look better with curved corners.  I'm just kind of curious.  By the way, this is my favorite component.  It lets me use CUI and devote my entire screen to the Georgia theme while still having access to all of my DUI components.  I currently have 26 flowin panels for various configurations of components and visualizations.  Thank you very much for all your hard work.

enable shadow showes difference against white background

Reply #58
foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod_plus:https://github.com/ttsping/foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod_plus

Looking for someone to update the script code to make it more modern, with icons adapted to segoe MDL2 or FontAwesome fonts, DPI, etc.; and perhaps add five-star ratings, etc.

Never noticed this script before. Must be perfect with flowin.
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #59
Hey Ohyeah I was using the fooflowing 0.1.3 and recreated my setup but for some reason sometimes the font just changes and it can be fixed by closing/opening foobar again, but it's weird.
https://imgur.com/a/KczGqED

I see now that you've a new version but would like to know how to use it because i don't see a dll, and by changing the zip into fb2k-1.5.2-component.zip doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the awesome component though!

Reply #60
^ Just download the "bin.zip" and drag it to Preferences > Components.

Issue with foo_flowin 0.1.5 on Win10 - "No frame" has a 2px white border / frame around the window, regardless of frame settings. (Previously there was no frame, which of course is much better)

Reply #61
Is there a way to show flowing window by keyboard shortcut (or menu command) when it's hidden (option Auto hide when snapped) ?
For example: you typing something and don't want to reach mouse to move cursor to screen edge and just hit global keyboard shortcut to show what song is playing.
Can it be added in future versions?
also: it would be great if it pop up from edge of a screen (when hidden) when track changes =)

Reply #62
^ Just download the "bin.zip" and drag it to Preferences > Components.

Issue with foo_flowin 0.1.5 on Win10 - "No frame" has a 2px white border / frame around the window, regardless of frame settings. (Previously there was no frame, which of course is much better)

I only see this border if I turn the Shadow option on.  I'm on Win11 so that might make a difference,  But you could give it a try if you haven't already.

Reply #63
Is there a way to show flowing window by keyboard shortcut (or menu command) when it's hidden (option Auto hide when snapped) ?
For example: you typing something and don't want to reach mouse to move cursor to screen edge and just hit global keyboard shortcut to show what song is playing.
also: it would be great if it pop up from edge of a screen (when hidden) when track changes =)
Hotkeys work great.
This is the same standard function. Any menu action can be assigned to a hotkey.

Reply #64
Hotkeys work great.
This is the same standard function. Any menu action can be assigned to a hotkey.
Yeah, but there is no function on menu to show Flowin window whan it's hidden (command Show doesn't show it because it already on top but hidden on the edge of a screen). 

Reply #65
Hotkeys work great.
Yeah, but there is no function on menu to show Flowin window whan it's hidden (command Show doesn't show it because it already on top but hidden on the edge of a screen). 
Understood what you mean.
Then you need to press twice. The first press will close, and the second will open))

Reply #66
Hey Ohyeah I was using the fooflowing 0.1.3 and recreated my setup but for some reason sometimes the font just changes and it can be fixed by closing/opening foobar again, but it's weird.
https://imgur.com/a/KczGqED

I see now that you've a new version but would like to know how to use it because i don't see a dll, and by changing the zip into fb2k-1.5.2-component.zip doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the awesome component though!
seems the font resource has destroyed by a component.

unzip or drag to the compoents page should work.

Reply #67

https://github.com/ttsping/foo_flowin/releases/tag/0.1.6

try the new 'bring to top'

Reply #69
Regression noted in 0.1.6:  after updating from 0.1.5, local hotkeys set to show/close all flowin windows no longer show on menu (View/Flowin/Show All-Close All) and the Close All hotkey does not function at all, even after being reset (Close All does function from menu).  Rolling back to 0.1.5 restores normal operation.  Using Frame, Always on Top options.

Foobar 1.6.8, Windows 10 x64 21H2.

Reply #70

try the new 'bring to top'

Fine
Thank you

Reply #71
Regression noted in 0.1.6:  after updating from 0.1.5, local hotkeys set to show/close all flowin windows no longer show on menu (View/Flowin/Show All-Close All) and the Close All hotkey does not function at all, even after being reset (Close All does function from menu).  Rolling back to 0.1.5 restores normal operation.  Using Frame, Always on Top options.

Foobar 1.6.8, Windows 10 x64 21H2.

fixed, plz reinstall 0.1.6

Reply #74
  • use legacy no frame(windows 10 and blow, test needed)

Sorry for late reply. The "No Frame" option still appears to have 2px border on Win10. Using "Album Art Viewer" to test. The border color seems to be whatever the foobar background color is set to (in Preferences > Display > DUI > Colors And Fonts)