Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI (Read 27200 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_flowin, Floating window for Default UI

Reply #25
There a couple of things you should know if you haven't figured them out yet.  If you change an existing panel, like adding tabs, a splitter, etc., the title sometimes gets changed to the name of what you added and you will need to change it back to what you want.  Also, new panels are added with the "Show at startup" option turned on which may not be what you want.

Reply #26
There a couple of things you should know if you haven't figured them out yet.  If you change an existing panel, like adding tabs, a splitter, etc., the title sometimes gets changed to the name of what you added and you will need to change it back to what you want.  Also, new panels are added with the "Show at startup" option turned on which may not be what you want.

Ok, thank you.

Reply #27
is it possible to add a hide "Close window" option
UR5EQF. Ukraine

Reply #28
Just installed version .13, works great!  Did notice that when first attempting to install component from Preferences dialog using the original zip downloaded from github, Foobar reported "Object not found".  I unzipped the two files, then re-zipped them using WinRAR, and then the install went fine.  Foobar 1.6.7, Win10 21H1.  (Yes fellow users I know I could have placed the files manually as well!)

Nice to have the ability to keep a formerly tabbed item in view--thanks for your work.

Reply #29
@ohyeah:  Addendum to the above post--I find that both the "minimize" and "maximize" choices on the Flowin window's menu are greyed out and do not function.  Is this some yet-to-be-added functionality, or am I missing some setting combination?

Reply #30
Nice component! I replaced the older foo_popup_panels with this and it seems to load faster on startup.

Reply #32
I don't see how you can compare this with foo_popup_panels. That only loads columns UI panels. foo_flowin only loads default UI elements.
In my case I tested it with a SMP window, compatible with both interfaces.

Reply #33
Ah OK. I'm not really a fan of popup windows for panels that can be added natively. I'd only use these components if I wanted access to a panel from the opposite UI of what I was using.

Reply #34
Personally I see two major advantages to using foo_flowin panels.  Unlike native panels, or foo_popup_panels, foo_flowin panels do not impact Foobar's start time unless you have them set to show on start up.  I like playing around with various components and visualizations.  Before foo_flowin I had a DUI setup that contained several panels and numerous tabs.  It took between 8 to 12 seconds at start up.  After moving everything to foo_flowin panels start up takes about 2.5 seconds or less.

Also, I am now using the Georgia and Georgia-ReBorn themes.  Using CUI, I have only one native panel containing just the theme as it looks better that way.  But I still have access to all of my various DUI panels and tabs at the click of a button with foo_flowin.  I realize foo_flowin may not be useful for everyone, but it has greatly improved my Foobar experience.

Reply #35
Just installed version .13, works great!  Did notice that when first attempting to install component from Preferences dialog using the original zip downloaded from github, Foobar reported "Object not found".  I unzipped the two files, then re-zipped them using WinRAR, and then the install went fine.  Foobar 1.6.7, Win10 21H1.  (Yes fellow users I know I could have placed the files manually as well!)
The built-in ZIP support code, at least as used by the installer, does not appear to support the "store" level of "compression", aka no compression at all.

Reply #36
Confirmed what kode54 said.

Playing media from store-mode ZIP archives works, installing components from such currently does not.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #37
@ohyeah:  Addendum to the above post--I find that both the "minimize" and "maximize" choices on the Flowin window's menu are greyed out and do not function.  Is this some yet-to-be-added functionality, or am I missing some setting combination?
No. just the OS behavior because I remove the minmize and maxmize button.

Reply #38
Hi,

I've just discovered this plugin and it's really great <3
There's only one thing missing IMO : the ability to change the name of the window.

Anyway, thank you for this amazing component.

EDIT:
...and if you're still working on this, having one button in the titlebar to enable/disable auto-hide would be a nice addition.
It's not easy to add extra button to the titlebar

Reply #39
First of all thanks for this amazing component there are now so many awesome possibilities to work out!
It's really useful that you can use keybindings to each flowin window you create as for example i've got a window with artwork, at the moment that I binded to the key F7 to view > flowin > Artwork > Show
Right now as far as I can see you've 3 options on what to do with the window afterwards.
1. Snap to screen edge > auto hide
2. Close it mannually if you didn't enable "no frame"
3. Bind a key to view > flowin > Close all
I personally don't really use the screen edge and auto hide fuction, I use my artwork full screen without a frame and can only close it by using step 3, but I if you have other windows open with flowin this these will also be closed with it.

I don't know if it's possbile or too much to ask but could i suggest a show/close in 1?
In my case with just the keybinding I would be able open and close my artwork with F7, and if this isn't possible to add an extra option to each windows you create to close that specifically?

I really hope this could be implemented it would make it really smooth, and if that isn't the case for any reason you might have then I would still happily use this really useful component you made.

Have a wonderful day!

Reply #40
Hi hamybal.  This is odd and must have something to do with how Foobar handles keyboard shortcuts.   If you created a button for
view > flowin > Artwork > Show in the toolbar at the top of the DUI panel, it would toggle the flowin panel off and on just like you want.  Also, if you go into view > flowin > Artwork through the view menu, the show option also works like a toggle.  This is probably why ohyeah  didn't see a need for a specific close option for each flowin panel.  This doesn't solve your issue, but it may clarify the situation a little.  I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Reply #41
Hey dwmartion
It seems like you're right if i manually click on "show" it does disapear so that's weird I hope it can be fixed and ohterwise i'll have to deal with it.

Reply #42
^ @hamybal
For what it might be worth, a workaround to the above issue (show/close a foo_flowin window with one hotkey) is to run it by command line. It requires two extra components however: foo_scheduler to create a menu / command line, and foo_run_main to resolve the menu command. (The older foo_runcmd might also work? The native foobar2000.exe /command does not work *)

In Preferences > Scheduler, add an Action List (name it "Flowin Artwork" or whatever and do not enable 'Restart after completion') > right-click it > Add Action > Launch Application -

Code: [Select]
C:\Foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /run_main:"View/Flowin/Artwork/Show"

^ (Change path to .exe location and menu command if needed)

Then add an Event List > Add Menu Item Event > (name it "Flowin Artwork" or whatever) > right-click it > Assign Action List > select the above action that was just created.

Hit Apply/OK. Then in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts add a new hotkey and point it to [main] > File > Scheduler > Flowin Artwork.

* Incidentally I wonder if the native option does not work because the "Show" command is not a unique enough name. Foobar also uses "/show" for command line to show the main foobar window. Perhaps if the foo_flowin menu commands were named "Show <name of flowin window>" ? @ohyeah

Reply #43
There is no need for 3rd party components if you want to bind toolbar buttons or keyboard shortcuts to flowin menu commands.

It's true you cannot run flowin commands using the built in command line handler or foo_runcmd but that's irrelevant. No one was asking for that. :/

Reply #44
Ahh you're right, can just make it a 'Global Hotkey' to turn it off since foobar becomes inactive window. So can ignore my previous post. Should've done more testing. ;)

Reply #45
didn't expect that to work, thanks guys!

Reply #47
I installed the latest version and the new enhanced no frame mode is cool, but it seems there is a problem. When I don't check No frame, everything is ok (the flowin hides almost completely, it's barely visible, which is fine), but when I use No frame , then when it hides it doesn't hide completely, it's visible a bit more, which is a bit annoying http://sendanywhe.re/GNB555ZK
Can you make it hide a bit more, like when we don't check No frame?
Btw, thanks for your work with this component

Reply #48
I installed the latest version and the new enhanced no frame mode is cool, but it seems there is a problem. When I don't check No frame, everything is ok (the flowin hides almost completely, it's barely visible, which is fine), but when I use No frame , then when it hides it doesn't hide completely, it's visible a bit more, which is a bit annoying http://sendanywhe.re/GNB555ZK
Can you make it hide a bit more, like when we don't check No frame?
Btw, thanks for your work with this component

sorry but still don't know what you problem is after watching the video.

no frame doesn't work with snap (yes! though frame can be removed in snap state now).

[update]
you can redownload the 0.1.5 and see if it is fixed.

Reply #49
Seems to work for me now.  Thank you.  I do have a question.  What does the shadow option do?  What I'm seeing is kind of odd.  With this option off, the panel displays normally and with square corners.  With it on, the panel flashes blue (my windows accent color) before loading and has the Windows 11 curved corners.  I actually like this because some of my panels look better with curved corners.  I'm just kind of curious.  By the way, this is my favorite component.  It lets me use CUI and devote my entire screen to the Georgia theme while still having access to all of my DUI components.  I currently have 26 flowin panels for various configurations of components and visualizations.  Thank you very much for all your hard work.