Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discord Rich Presence Integration (foo_discord_rich) (Read 38555 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discord Rich Presence Integration (foo_discord_rich)

Reply #25
However more importantly, I'd appreciate it a lot if you added a "stopped" (resource ID option) in the advanced tab, since there's currently only large, playing, and paused. If I stop foobar currently using my token, foobar's presence disappears entirely considering there's no value there.
That's intentional: if you stop playback (not pause, but explicitly stop) the presence *will* disappear. I'm not sure I want to support `stopped` scenario, sorry (I might change my mind though :P).

If possible though, adding options to set what the the large and small image keys say for hovering over them
I might implement hover-text support. No ETA though :P

Reply #26
That's intentional: if you stop playback (not pause, but explicitly stop) the presence *will* disappear. I'm not sure I want to support `stopped` scenario, sorry (I might change my mind though :P).

I might implement hover-text support. No ETA though :P

Understandable.  Much appreciated & thanks again either way.

Reply #27
There's no way to change "playing a game" to "listening to music", is there?  (Unsure what shows for things like Spotify.)

Reply #29
@aeidein , see https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_discord_rich/issues/2
oh, thanks.  I'll advocate for that with the Discord team. 

Forgive me if it's been asked before as well, but I'd love a custom text field for "Track duration".  e.g. my preference is "%playback_time% / %length%".

Thanks for the awesome component!

Reply #30
May as well make it "%playback_time%[ / %length%]" just in case, though. Streams don't have a duration, for instance.

Reply #31
@aeidein , @kode54 , regretfully, the answer is the same: it's a Discord API limitation. The displayed time can't even be refreshed in real-time from the component and is set via smth like "SetStartTime"/"SetEndTime" (with a rather strict invocation rate limitation).

Reply #32
I'm so glad someone made this!

I have just one question, is it possible to change the "Foobar2000" that appears next to your Playing status to something else?

Adding Foobar2000 to the Game Activity menu and changing it doesn't do anything.
To change displayed name or icons you have to register your own application for use with Discord API via https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/ . During registration you will have to enter a displayed application name and will receive an API token which is used to identify your application (you'll have to upload all icons as well though, since they are the part of the registered application).

You can set this API token (and IDs of the new icons) via the Advanced tab in component settings.
Where is the Advanced settings tab? I can't find anywhere to input an API id.

Edit: Nevermind found it. I was using someone else' component with a similar name..

Reply #33
Thank you!! I was able to figure it out <3

would you or someone mind giving me instructions step by step how to achieve that? pretty please

1. Go here and login
https://discord.com/developers/applications

2. Click new application

3. Give it a name (this is what shows when saying "Playing: _____"

4. Copy the API ID

5. Paste it in Foobar component settings

6. Upload images for Discord application (You can get play/pause images from source code zip on GitHub page)
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_discord_rich/releases/tag/v1.2.0

7. Replace image name in component settings page

Done

Reply #34
Rich Presence stopped working for me all of a sudden and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I've uninstalled the plugin and re-added it as well as close fb2k/Discord completely.
Should I leave the discord token as it is or should I find my own token?

Reply #35
Not working would mean that the existing token apparently got removed somehow. You may need to register your own custom token for it to work properly now.

Reply #36
Works for me, hence the token is still valid. For the plugin to work, fb2k must NOT be added manually to Discord.

Reply #37
Unfortunately it has stopped working for me too, I don't have f2k added to my discord games list either. Tried reinstalling the component too but nothing worked so far. Any ideas?

Reply #38
Hey, great plugin! Installed quickly, just works like a charm! I have a feature suggestion...

Where it says "Playing foobar2000" it would be really cool if the user had the ability to opt in to have that update with information as well... For instance, it could say "Playing 🎶 Dark Souls III OST - Abyss Watchers" and display more information when clicked.

The reason this would be cool is if you're in a server, people could look in the user list and be like "oh shit, he's listening to that???"

That is all. Regardless, thank-you :D

Reply #39
hi! great component! any chance for update 64bit ?

Reply #41
sure.. i bumped up topic

Reply #42
Thanks for the guide symphony. What would be preferable would of course be to show album art instead of just the Foobar2000 logo or a custom logo, but it's still beats using any other player. 
As someone that doesn't know a lot about development, I'm kind of surprised that it's the ID and not the key used, or a combination of both, but it seems to work as intended, so who am I to complain.
"foolish humans, no matter how you try to cover the sky with your hands - is the sky truly smaller than your grasp?" - Gran Kain