Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 492361 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1450
Hi, same problem here.
it is a youtube-dl issue apparently : https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues/29326
there is a youtube-dl fork using the same syntax : yt-dlp
some people said this one work fine, I'm trying to use it with foo_youtube.
no succes for know, but I dont really know what I'm doing.
Can someone help us with this please ?
Thanks a lot.

Reply #1451
yt-dlp it didn't help me  :(
YouTube Music

Reply #1452
I am having major issues with adding tags to larger (>1000 tracks) playlists of youtube links, even with 'very clean' foobar config (fb 1.6.7, foo_yt 3.7.2 only, portable): Usually fb crashes without report, in rare occations when a report is generated, it points to foo_youtube and input_entry::g_open_for_info_write (see attached).
Instability seems to be caused by youtube-dl (which has not been updated since June 6th), switching to yt-dlp brings full stability in my case (so far). It is included as external binary at File/Preferences/Tools/Youtube Source/Maintanance.
@3dyd: any plans to set yt-dlp as standard in foo_youtube?

Reply #1453
Instability seems to be caused by youtube-dl (which has not been updated since June 6th), switching to yt-dlp brings full stability in my case (so far).
Just some words on what I am trying to do here at all:
My target was to play (e.g. randomly) large playlists of youtube tracks (coming from wherever) with crossfade (20s) and skipping the beginning of the track plus limiting max track length. For the latter I use foo_skip, typical tagging is -30;3:00- applied to all tracks of the playlist. Reason for this are the 'video story' sequences at the beginning of many youtube tracks not containing 'real music', which I want to skip. Youtube tracks can be arbitrary, containing 'normal' tracks, tracks which can only be played by youtube-dl/yt-dlp, and tracks which can not be played at all due to not available any more or age restrictions etc, which should be skipped without stopping/crashing.

1. Tagging:
For the tracks which can only be played via youtube-dl/yt-dlp, tagging of these requires youtube-dl/yt-dlp to be activated. If this is not the case, foobar still shows the new tags, however tags are not persisted as the youtube link can not be opened (which is unfortunately not notified). When playing the track, the tag is removed, see here. As mentioned above, tagging of larger playlists is only stable with yt-dlp, using youtube-dl leads to crashes on my side.

2. Playing
The only stable configuration I found for above requirements is as follows (of course there could be others I did not test over hours):
- Components: yt1.6.8b3 portable, foo_youtube3.7.2, foo_skip 1.34. No other components!
- foo_youtube: youtube-dl not used, include yt-dlp as external binary (see above). 'Prefer youtube-dl over internal analyzer' not selected
- DSP: 1. Skip Track; 2. Resampler (needed for crossfading between different sample rates); 3. Crossfader (20s)
- max buffer length (30s)
Additionally I use ReplayGain to normalize volumes

Things still open:
- it is a absolutely clean layout, far away from my standard layout with CUI, PSS, SMP, JSP, foo_out_upnp,... which I would prefer but is not stable for this use case. Of course I could stepwise find out where instability starts - but for now I am just happy that it works at all...
- for tracks not available, crossfading fails when jumping to next available track giving a 'hard' handover to next playable track. As this is probably difficult to cure, a tool for indentifying/removing unplayable tracks would be great

Reply #1454
I have been wrestling with lag issues for a while only while using this component but can't seem to find anyone else sharing my problem.  It only seems to happen with certain sources, and happens somewhat consistently.  I can play the video directly on youtube no issues, but as soon as I try to play it from youtubesource in foobar itll constantly pause and lag.  I highly doubt its a network issue, originally was thinking maybe a decoder problem with certain sources, but have tried every decoder setting in the addon with no luck.  Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

Edit: Looks like its a video decoding issue,  Had to set everything to "discard all" for video and then my streams smoothed out.

Reply #1455
With a high degree of probability, the source of youtube's problems is youtube.dl, it has not been updated for a long time.
YouTube Music

Reply #1456
i have the same issue, "discard all" didn't help

Reply #1457
This component adds possibility to play Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion clips directly by their URL.

Other features: channels support (Youtube, Dailymotion), search on Youtube within the program, clip thumbnail as album art, clip subtitles as lyrics, multitrack album from the single clip, video playback.

Changelog
Download
Documentation

Great  ! Thank you for this software !

Reply #1458
Quick question(s): when importing a playlist through 'Load channel or playlist...' menu command, how come often only half the tracks have a duration? (%length%) And sometimes none...

For folks that have obtained an API key (I have not), does that also happen to you?

I suppose there is no quick way to load the duration besides just playing the track? (They play fine, incidentally; I'm using the yt-dlp.exe that was suggested a few posts above)

Reply #1459
If there is an API key, the information is loaded in full.
YouTube Music

Reply #1460
^ Thanks for the confirmation. I guess that answers why as well, it must be hitting the daily limit.

Reply #1461
Guys at this date, is video playback supposed to be very laggy or am I doing something wrong? Cool component  8)

Reply #1462
 lpv Instead of youtube-dl.exe need to use yt-dlp.exe
YouTube Music

Reply #1463
lpv Instead of youtube-dl.exe need to use yt-dlp.exe
Holly molly this actually works! Not perfect but it works! It was the one thing I forgot to check  :))
So cool, thanks! 8) 8) Why it took me so long find this plugin!
Do you also know if 'Prefer youtube-dl over internal analyser' makes any difference in performance?

edit: it might be my imagination or it was by chance but it's even better after little burn-in? xD works awesome!

Reply #1464
Sorry for double-post, couldn't edit.
Has anyone somehow gotten lyrics show panel to automatically load lyrics for videos whose channel name is not that of the band/group?
In a lot/most cases it seems a simple implementation, but not getting it to work yet.

edit: I also just found out about open lyrics! But it's implementation is similar to that of show panel 3. Better, but still won't do it. But open source  :)) Maybe can fix that. edit2: holy, there's another lyric plugin, I'm so behind lol

Reply #1465
All third party binaries are shown as "found" here (yellow warning only for VSFilter which I do not need and did not install) but I still get audio only and no video playing files, any idea why ?   

There are several options or paths for audio decoder and video downloader, suggestions are welcome :-)  ,

For some files I get audio only, for some files nothing at all and errors like

>
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: ffmpeg: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied) | foo_youtube: server error (403) from r5---sn-5hnekn7z.googlevideo.com | foobar2000: Forbidden (403))....
>

yt-dlp.exe running here

Reply #1466
merula,download and install the latest version of the YouTube source component 3.7.2
YouTube Music

Reply #1467
I'm seriously beginning to doubt that anybody using this plugin with video.

Celeron 6305 - Intel UHD, Windows 11 22000.376, foobar2000 v1.6.8, foo_youtube 3.7.2, LAVFilters 0.75.1: System (whats the point of the currently unusable managed - because of unsuccessful download - or external sources if hw acceleration not configurable this ways!?), ffmpeg: LAV Filters, D3D11 acceleration, active accelerator: Intel UHD.

"Result": ~ one frame per minute in any quality.

Reply #1468
czt,instead of youtube-dl.exe need to use yt-dlp.exe
YouTube Music

Reply #1469
I am using foo_youtube to watch youtube videos witout any problems...
Without any special config on the hardware side on my old Surface Go 1 with Pentium Gold 4415Y and Intel HD Graphics 615. Just had to reduce video quality to 240p to get the video running smoothly.

Reply #1470
.. and I am using yt-dlp as well

Reply #1472
Alacrion,you need to download a file from the Internet to your computer yt-dlp.exe and in the settings, specify the path to it
YouTube Music

Reply #1473
I am using foo_youtube to watch youtube videos witout any problems...
Without any special config on the hardware side on my old Surface Go 1 with Pentium Gold 4415Y and Intel HD Graphics 615. Just had to reduce video quality to 240p to get the video running smoothly.

That is the main problem. This resolution unacceptable, if a browser with yt's own player capable of hd playback on the same config. If I want to project the video eg. with a short throw projector, its native resolution 1280*800. I will try  yt-dlp.

Reply #1474
Having a weird visual bug where the bottom left corner of all videos (local files) have jagged squares.

https://imgur.com/a/FlIV8tc

This is not happening during normal playback in the default Windows media player, only in Foobar.

Any ideas? I've reinstalled the LAV drivers and am using all the same exact settings on another computer that is playing the videos without a problem.