Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_crossfade glitch (Read 5700 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

I have my crossfade buffer set to 8sec, and with the following DSP chain, I get odd skips in the music: Attenuator -> Equalizer -> Crossfader

They occur 8 seconds into the playing of the file. After changing the buffer length, the skips come in after the length of time specified as the buffer. When I place crossfader in front of equalizer, I get a single little pause in the music after the buffer length has elapsed after beginning a track.

I'm using v0.0.6, from the FB2K Components site. Is there an updated version available?

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #1
Glitches should be gone with version 0.0.7.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #2
Thanks case.  It appears your memory optimization glitch is gone.  Thumbs up! 

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #3
nice,
some presets would be nice like:
Code: [Select]
1. default:

\   track1

/   track2

2. start next song without fade in:

\   track1
 _
|   track2

3. adjust the levels a bit, no fading, just overlap:
_
 |  track1
 _
|   track2

4. contra 2.:
_
 |  track1

/   track2
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #4
some presets would be nice

With those presets, you could eliminate the need for a separate no_gap plugin.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #5
Something else nice would be the ability for the plugin to fade between tracks when clicking NEXT or PREVIOUS in f2k..

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #6
I agree that crossbar working on next/previous commands would be great.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #7
Thanks for the crossfade plugin Case...

Is there some way of having foobar diskwrite a playlist of tracks into one long continuous wav file, with the individual tracks cross faded into each other?

I sometimes make up CDs and Minidiscs of background music where I use Winamp and the Sqrsoft crossfade-diskwriter plug in to make up 1 - 2 hour long wav files where all the individual tracks are cross faded together. Is there a way I can do this with foobar and your plugin so that I can finally throw my copy of Winamp away?

When I try this with foobar, I get all the tracks as individual wav files, and while there are probably ways of stitching it all together, it would be nice if it came out foobar that way. 

Thanks,

Den.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #8
foo_dsp_crossfade 0.0.7 cuts the last song in the playlist off before it ends (using foobar2000 0.7b20) my guess is that since it can't find another song to fade into it just cuts the buffer out there and gives me a cut off end to that song.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #9
confirmed, no problem with 0.667
Music is my first love.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #10
There are some issues with buffering DSPs in current 0.7 betas, hopefully will be sorted out soon.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #11
case,
this is maybe not the best topic for my post, but i figure it's better than starting a new one. crossfader doesnt seem to work for me. im using fb 0.7, and crossfader 0.0.7. i've played with the options and i have that component as an active DSP module... but it doesnt seem like its doing anything. no fades on next track, pause, next in queue, stop, etc.

is something wrong? or did i forget to do something?
thanks a lot

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #12
Did you read the whole thread?! Crossfade DOESN'T work with next/prev/play/pause. It only crossfades between normal song changes.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #13
nono, i'm saying it doesnt work in next song in queue, or opening new tracks, either. this IS normal next track.... that's what you mean, right?

foo_dsp_crossfade glitch

Reply #14
what i tried to explain was that the plugin only crossfades if song A ends, and song B begins.

It doesn't (yet) crossfade if you use the next/prev/play/stop/open commands.
If it would, people wouldn't have requested exactly this feature on this thread.

1.Check your DSP-Chain
2.Check "fade duration"
3.If your songs have long parts of silence at the end of the track, use gap killer to remove them.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.