Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559426 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6650
Hi all, this is my first topic in this forum. I recently started using foobar and now I think this is the best audio player in the world. I wanted to know, by experts, if there was the possibility to hide the filter name header. For example i use the filter that sorts by artist, and I want just to hide the "artist field"...Thank you!

Columns UI

Reply #6651
How to hide Filter(column) scrollbar?

Columns UI

Reply #6652
Hi, I'm using foobar v1.1.11 and the latest version of the Columns UI. I'm having a lot of trouble having the NG playlist group my albums in the way I desire. My library (the one foobar scans for) has albums in 3 codecs I primarily use, AAC, MP3, and FLAC. I want the playlist to automatically sort albums by FLAC first, and then AAC or MP3 (or MP3 then AAC doesn't matter to me), and have them grouped separately by codec. I did however manage to have my albums grouped by codec, but albums encoded in AAC and MP3 are the first to show in the playlist instead of FLAC. I also found out about column sorting, so I added a column for codec but couldn't figure out how to make the playlist automatically sort the way I wished. I've tinkered around with this for ~2 hours already and don't like that I have to come here and beg for help . My apologies if topics like this have already been posted for the 1000th time, I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thanks in advance. I'll post a screen shot of what looks a little bit of what I'm trying to achieve if you don't understand. Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #6653
To force the Playlist Viewer to sort by lossless music first...

For every Column in "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Columns (tab)":

go to every "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Playlist view->Columns (tab)->Scripts (sub-tab)->Sort (sub-tab)":

and do this:

- Check "use custom sort script"

- and enter this script
Code: [Select]
%path_sort% $info(encoding),lossless %album artist% %date% %album%

To force drag-and-drop from Explorer into the Playlist Viewer to sort by lossless music first...

Go to "File->Preferences->Shell Integration":

and enter this script in "Sort incoming files by" field (it's the same as the previous code)
%path_sort% $info(encoding),lossless %album artist% %date% %album%

To refresh your Playlist Viewer, click on any column header

Columns UI

Reply #6654
Thanks! I can't say that I completely used your solution but you gave me the key to what I'm trying to accomplish. I took the "%path_sort% $info(encoding),lossless" and put it as the first part of "File->Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Filter->sort incoming files as: " and so on. Mine is "$info(encoding),lossless - %album artist% -  %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%" and it works perfectly. Thank you much for your help.

Columns UI

Reply #6655
Hi, I have a problem with foo_uie_albumlist-0.3.5  and foo_ui_columns-0.3.8.8 on Windows 7x64. Perhaps someone of you has seen this behavior as well.

I just bought a new Pc and this is running with Win7 x64. Before this I was using and old machine with WinXP, where this problem didn’t exist.
Foobar blocks for several minutes (5min) when I delete, move or rename files or folders in my media library (Monitor for changes while running). Sometimes it even totally crashes.

When I stop the monitoring, moving etc of files works without any problems.
I’m using foobar2000_v1.1.11 which I just installed new.

When I start foobar2000 with the DEFAULT USER INTERFACE and “monitor for changes while running” – ON, foobar2000 acts fast and without any issues even when moving files in my library.

When install two more components “foo_ui_columns-0.3.8.8“ and „ foo_uie_albumlist-0.3.5.” I get the problem again.

Also my cpu is on 100% during this issue.
Unfortunately foobar doesn’t write any error.log when crashing…

Does anyone has an idea? Thank you in advance

Columns UI

Reply #6656
Feature Request:

Filters: Ability to display one string while sorting by another.

In my case, a lot of my music is in Japanese, which means that displaying one set of characters and sorting by another set is the norm. This is a thread I created recently to talk about this issue, and my conclusion is that this is something that can only be solved by a change in the way the Filter panels behave.

Columns UI

Reply #6657
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer, am entirely new to fb2k.

Anyhow, I'm using Columns UI and have a craptonne of compilations. However, I'm having a few problems with the Artist column for these. As well as finding the tracks under the 'Various Artists' listing in the column, I'd also like to be able to filter directly to a specific artist that may have tracks spread across a large number of my compilations. I don't really want to lose the Various Artists option either, though, and I *really* don't want to have to ctrl+f every time.

I've tried playing around with the groupings but haven't observed any effect in the artist column as yet, am I missing a really obvious way to do this? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Columns UI

Reply #6658
Hi,

I'm using columns ui, and I would like to sort albums by year. However, this seems to create the unfortunate side effect whereby albums that contain tracks tagged with multiple dates (e.g. best-ofs) get broken up. Is there a way to sort albums by date but only if each track within the album is tagged with the same date?

Cheers

Columns UI

Reply #6659
Hi,

I have been using Columns UI with ELplaylist. ELplaylist displays album covers (or artist picture, in my setup, if album cover is not found), and it uses the ColumnsUI Artwork to get the picture. I would like to use a different way to layout the groups, depending on if the album artwork found, or if it is using the artist picture, or if no artwork is not found at all. Is there a field, like a boolean field that would let me know this information? Or maybe a text field with path to the picture, I could check that out? Something like %columnsUI_artwork_path% or something like that. Didn't find anything in the documentation.

Columns UI

Reply #6660
Hi,

I've used this code for one of my columns in the Columns UI Playlist View for ages and it's always worked fine with the system font (Segoe UI, 9 pt):

$if(%ispaused%,$rgb(185,0,0,185,0,0)●$rgb(),$if(%isplaying%,$rgb(0,140,0,0,140,0)♪$rgb(),[%queue_index%]))

However, I've just noticed that, for some reason, the music symbol ♪ isn't showing up (the ● symbol is fine). I tried replacing it with $char(9834) but it has no effect. The music symbol appears fine in Word 2010 with the same font.

Has anything changed in recent versions of Foobar that might've broken this??

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #6661
Hi,

I've used this code for one of my columns in the Columns UI Playlist View for ages and it's always worked fine with the system font (Segoe UI, 9 pt):

$if(%ispaused%,$rgb(185,0,0,185,0,0)?$rgb(),$if(%isplaying%,$rgb(0,140,0,0,140,0)?$rgb(),[%queue_index%]))

However, I've just noticed that, for some reason, the music symbol ? isn't showing up (the ? symbol is fine). I tried replacing it with $char(9834) but it has no effect. The music symbol appears fine in Word 2010 with the same font.

Has anything changed in recent versions of Foobar that might've broken this??

Thanks.

It works fine for me, though I don't remember if I use Segoe anymore. I use Meiryo in several instances, but I don't recall changing everything over.

Here's what I've been using for a while:
//Play/Pauuse indicator column missing in CUI, coming from DUI
//Set to display a basic animation when track is playing
//Will display the earliest queue index of a track, if a track has been queued for manual playback; This will be overridden by the play/pause indicator if the track begins playing

$if($or(%ispaused%,%isplaying%),
$if(%ispaused%,?,$if(%isplaying%,$select($add($mod(%playback_time_seconds%,8),1),?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?))),
$if(%queue_index%,%queue_index%))

The relevant code seems the same, so if nothing else, maybe try forcing it to be a different font?

Columns UI

Reply #6662
Seems like a reboot fixed it.

Columns UI

Reply #6663
Hello,

Any news from musicmusic ? His great plugin has not been updated since one year

Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #6664
How can I export every configuration from every plugin to a friend without going through every component preferences with the PCs side by side as I have been doing?
FCL does not import a lot of the configurations

Columns UI

Reply #6665
hold down shift and then click the file menu and select browse configuration folder. then open the configuration folder and copy the various .cfg files relating to the components you are sharing. when your friend replaces their files with yours, he/she needs to make sure foobar is not running while they do it.

Columns UI

Reply #6666
Hello,

Any news from musicmusic ? His great plugin has not been updated since one year

Thanks

I'd like some news too. I don't really miss any features, but the "This is a legacy preferences page." pop-up in the preferences is a bit annoying.

Columns UI

Reply #6667
Yes, I would like musicmusic to update the Filter panel and add a horizontal scrollbar; it only has a vertical scrollbar.
I only use the Filter in a flat-list single view mode and I have very long horizontal strings.
If this feature IS ADDED ...please don't forget to add checkboxes for hiding both scrollbars, as many users don't want them displayed at all.

Does anybody here think I'm talking to the wind?

Columns UI

Reply #6668
Yes, I would like musicmusic to update the Filter panel and add a horizontal scrollbar; it only has a vertical scrollbar.
I only use the Filter in a flat-list single view mode and I have very long horizontal strings.
If this feature IS ADDED ...please don't forget to add checkboxes for hiding both scrollbars, as many users don't want them displayed at all.

Does anybody here think I'm talking to the wind?

whoooosh~

But yes, I would like to see if musicmusic is still actively developing this as well. xD
I would love for the $tab() to be supported within the item details panel..

Columns UI

Reply #6669
Hi guys! Does anyone know how to hide/remove scrollbar in the filter panel? I'm using columns UI!

Columns UI

Reply #6671
hello all! beginner user here... trying to get album art (embedded in ID3) to show up in my columns UI setup....

i have been using :
foo_uie_albumart.dll (2012-02-22 19:38:10 UTC)    Album Art Panel 0.2.7.1

but i read the sticky at the top of the thread... and it seems like this plugin is crashware:

foo_uie_albumart.dll : Album Art Panel
Reason: Crashware, no longer under development.

so i went here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/tag/album+art

and only saw the discogs thing... but it doesn't display in columns UI, right?

so help! what is the latest, supported album art panel for columns UI?!? i've searched the forums, but nothing in the last three years....thank you for your help in advance!!!

Columns UI

Reply #6672
it has one built in. on the layout editor, right click>insert panel>panels>artwork view

Columns UI

Reply #6673
Hey guys.

I'm wondering, is it possible to somehow determine panel sizes other than dragging the borders with ColumnsUI?

Specifically, I have a horizontal splitter with two panels inside of it (item details and spectrum analyser), and I would like both of those panels be equal in size, each taking 50% of the available width.
Any ideas? I've been trying to just eyeball it and it's close enough for now, but I would really like to know if it's possible to lock the width to some percentage or something.

Thanks.
made of radiation

Columns UI

Reply #6674
Replace your 'Horizontal Splitter' with: 'your two panels placed horizontally inside Panel Stack Splitter(s)' .

It should look something like this in the Layout tree window (Preferences->Display->Columns UI->Layout):

[-] Panel Stack Splitter
       |     [-] Panel Stack Splitter
       |      |     |
       |      |      ''''' Item Details
       |      |
       |     [-] Panel Stack Splitter
       |            |
       |             ''''' Spectrum Analyzer

In the configuration window of the purple PSS, for both items do this:

Everything is unchecked and everything is blank except for the following:

Caption = whatever you like
      Size = 100
      Padding left = 0
      Padding top = 0
      Padding right = 0
      Padding bottom = 0
      Panel placement mode = Horizontal

Do the same to the other Panel Stack Splitters.