Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets (foo_facets) (Read 778422 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Facets (foo_facets)

Reply #675
Also, does Facets support something like If a file exists, do this, or if not, do something else?

It supports most of/all the standard syntax for custom columns, but do you have something specific in mind?
"If a file exists" seems a bit unusual to me.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#For_the_Default_User_Interface
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Facets_%28foo_facets%29#Column_patterns

Reply #676
I want to filter my duplicates and I use next to "album" facet the "subitem" index. When I see something else than 1 it means that I already have an album with the same name and in a few seconds I delete it. But then the "subitem" resets to 1 and it goes to the normal index which is much lower. So every time I have to scroll to the begining and start again.

Is there a possible facet filter to write so that it shows me only the albums with "subitem" greater than 1. I search and i didn't find a variable.

Reply #677
I want to filter my duplicates and I use next to "album" facet the "subitem" index. When I see something else than 1 it means that I already have an album with the same name and in a few seconds I delete it. But then the "subitem" resets to 1 and it goes to the normal index which is much lower. So every time I have to scroll to the begining and start again.

Is there a possible facet filter to write so that it shows me only the albums with "subitem" greater than 1. I search and i didn't find a variable.

Unfortunately no. That's meta-information a la "statistics" - information about a selectively defined set of files. Vanilla Foobar doesn't support this kind of information for anything other than playlists and the album list subitem count, and Facets only supports it through statistics columns. Filters don't access statistics, they only use Foobar's title formatting and query API, which always reads one file at a time.

I think this component's statistics feature is its strongest advantage, but it is very limited and has a lot of potential for further development. Unfortunately development of this component has been abandoned and the dev has disappeared. I sent him a DM a while ago suggesting releasing the source, but I don't have much hope.

Reply #679
It's very time consuming for such a simple task. I do it with a few items every day and I'm quite good.

Although I have to admit that very helpful is Roon. It has a duplicates filter for the identified albums and a lot of work is done from that. But some albums are not correct and I can't use that.

Reply #680
@koupa , if you have many duplicate albums you can find those albums (like you said - by using facets pane with "album" and "subitems" and order by "subitems" descending) and then use "file operations" > "move to" a new folder.

Then use facets to deal with albums only on this folder. This time you you wouldn't have to scroll after each album removal.

When you finish removing duplicates remember to move these albums back to their original place.

Reply #681
@LL25255252 it's not an easy solution because I may have 2 or 3 copies of the files. It could be possible if I copy the whole folder structure to eliminate possible file collisions. And then do the actual deletion.

Reply #682
I wish the developer would update this, find someone else to take it over or release the code. It mostly works but there are glitches. The worst is it doesn't work with many trackpads. I saw a fix somewhere, but it did not work for me. If two albums have the same name they have a collision even though the artists are different. It runs slow because there is no image cache. When I tried using it with stats, several of the options did not seem to work.

Reply #683
I wish the developer would update this, find someone else to take it over or release the code. It mostly works but there are glitches. The worst is it doesn't work with many trackpads. I saw a fix somewhere, but it did not work for me. If two albums have the same name they have a collision even though the artists are different. It runs slow because there is no image cache. When I tried using it with stats, several of the options did not seem to work.
Yes, I have been using this for years w/o any updates.

Reply #684

Yes I would have loved for this to have been maintained - it causes Foobar2000 to crash under wineskin emulation on Mac. It is one of the components that I cannot find a good substitute for so far

Reply #685
It doesn't work with latest version of Foobar.
Is there any update or workaround?

Reply #686
It doesn't work with latest version of Foobar.
Is there any update or workaround?
* Old components in general: try the 32-bit version of new foobar2000. Old components cannot work with the 64-bit fb2k.
* foo_facets: foobar2000 v2 has a built-in "ReFacets" that re-implements most of what we need. Not everything though.

Reply #687
* Old components in general: try the 32-bit version of new foobar2000. Old components cannot work with the 64-bit fb2k.
* foo_facets: foobar2000 v2 has a built-in "ReFacets" that re-implements most of what we need. Not everything though.

Thank you... You're right... with 32bit version everything still works perfectly...