Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Error - Please Help (Read 6739 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Error - Please Help

I have been using EAC for more than a year, and have been quite happy. I am not exactly sure what I have changed on my rig (it's under constant development) but I now I discovered that EAC doesn't work anymore. As soon as I attempt to start ripping, EAC stops with the following error message:

atEACRead.1277 -> WHOLE-OVERFLOW

This is on several CDs (no copy protection) and two different drives. Both drives worked fine in the same machine before...whatever I did.

I have updated to the latest Nero ASPI, but no change. The error appears before the ripping process starts, yet all CD info is read and CDDB reports back the correct CD in every case. When I detect the drive's features, EAC reports back the correct findings.

I am out of ideas....please help 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Win XP Pro / Yamaha CRW-F1 1.0f / Sony 500A / Tyan S2466-N

[/span]

EAC Error - Please Help

Reply #1
Do you have a lot of free space on the volume you are ripping to?

EAC Error - Please Help

Reply #2
SikkeK wrote:
Do you have a lot of free space on the volume you are ripping to?

Uhmm....about half a Terrabyte is still free....it's a RAID 5 setup.

I'll try to rip on a smaller drive then, thanks for the hint.

EAC Error - Please Help

Reply #3
Ripping to a drive with not so much free space works perfectly fine.

Thanks SikkeK