Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip CD's to Wavpack in OSX? (Read 2641 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip CD's to Wavpack in OSX?

I would like to archive my CD collection to wavpack in OSX but I am having a hard time finding a method that will give me what I want.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1) Automatic CDDB lookup

2) Automatically created file stucture of Artist->Album Name.

3) Auto tagging, Track # and Track Name.

4) Correctly named Wavpack hybrid files. 192kbs lossy + correction file.

I have downloaded the OSX compile from rarewares but I can't figure out how to use it to archive using the above mentioned criteria.

Can someone point me to a front-end, script or something that will accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Rip CD's to Wavpack in OSX?

Reply #1
If you have Mac OS X 10.4, then wait about a week (or so, I can't be sure) for an update to Max. I haven't tested it yet, so I'm not sure if it's complete, but tentative support for Wavpack was recently added to Max's SVN repository. Instructions for checking out the code and compiling it are under the Developers section of Max's web page.