Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC suddenly crashing (Read 2798 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC suddenly crashing

Out of the blue, EAC is now coming up with an Access Violation Unhandled Exception crash error whenever I try to start it up.

Nothing had been changed, and the version was the same (1.1) that I'd been using for many months.

I've since tried updating EAC to version 1.2 but no luck - the Access Violation problem remains.

The only fix is to go back to a 0.99 beta version, and EAC then runs immediately after installation, but that seems like a really backwards way of solving the issue.

I've searched and searched online and cannot find any workable suggestions. Very frustrated, so any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

I'm on Windows 10, if that helps at all.

Re: EAC suddenly crashing

Reply #1
I had this problem due to the Asmedia 106x SATA Controller driver. Updating to the newest one helped.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #2
Thanks, Wombat.

After lots of fiddling around with files, deleting things, reinstalling EAC repeatedly etc, I discovered it was the CDDB.sdf file in AppData.  Getting that file out of there immediately solved the problem.

What a colossal waste of time!

Reply #3
Thanks, Wombat.

After lots of fiddling around with files, deleting things, reinstalling EAC repeatedly etc, I discovered it was the CDDB.sdf file in AppData.  Getting that file out of there immediately solved the problem.

What a colossal waste of time!

maccharlie, I just registered for this site to tell you that I love you!!

Like you, this just happened out of the blue - nothing changed on my laptop at all, and them boom, EAC dies. After hours and hours of playing about, it was as simple as deleting the CDDB.sdf file.

Annoyed and frustrated, it works perfectly now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding the solution to this forum!

Reply #4
You're most welcome!!