Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is AAC/M4A truly gapless, like lossless files? (Read 13588 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is AAC/M4A truly gapless, like lossless files?

Reply #25
Wouldn't a person want to have that ticked on by default all the time?
It is ticked on by default. It's there in case, for some weird reason, you'd like to disable it.

I noticed that it is ticked on by default, kode54.  My poorly phrased question was why someone *would* disable it...?
Just guessing, but they're only tags.  Maybe they're not useful if you plan to use on hardware that doesn't understand them.  Possibly there are some situations where they would actively interfere with a different gapless mechanism.  I try not to complain about software that offers me flexibility, even if it is a flexibility that I personally don't need (or even see a need for) :)