Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)  (Read 177828 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)

Reply #150
I don't usually use foobar mobile on windows 10 but I did a quick test in a virtual machine and my cover.jpg files are picked up fine. I use cover.jpg exclusively with no variation on names.

Reply #151
Thanks marc2003

Now they started to show :o

Reply #152
Any news about MIDI support? especially if specific soundfont could be used (like foo_midi with BASSMIDI)

Reply #153
BASSMIDI would require both BASS and BASSMIDI to be licensed for this project, for all supported platforms. Since this will (eventually) be a commercial product, but we don't know whether it will exceed the shareware product license, and since that license only covers one platform at a time anyway, we're talking multiple licenses, or one expensive all platforms license. And I think that licensing also is limited to a single developer.

Reply #154
BASSMIDI would require both BASS and BASSMIDI to be licensed for this project, for all supported platforms. Since this will (eventually) be a commercial product, but we don't know whether it will exceed the shareware product license, and since that license only covers one platform at a time anyway, we're talking multiple licenses, or one expensive all platforms license. And I think that licensing also is limited to a single developer.

How about fluidsynth? http://fluidsynth.sourceforge.net/api/
it's LGPL, commercial software doesn't matter, just open source the library (libfluidsynth) and nothing else.

Reply #155
libfluidsynth, and glib, and gthread. I already danced that way before I discovered BASSMIDI, years ago. Plus, I don't think they ever integrated my dynamic sample loading support. And they definitely do not support compressed SoundFonts. So you're talking loading a unique, full copy of your one SoundFont into memory for each MIDI file you play, then unloading it again between files. I'm sure there's a better way, but I don't think their code supports multiple instances sharing the same SoundFonts, or carefully threading the load/unload cycles. Plus, the last time I used it, I had to hack around because the reference counters on the samples got incremented one too many times somewhere in the myriad of routines, so it wouldn't unload the sample data on close and required further hacks to forcibly unload sample data.

Reply #156
i'm not able to add the "sd card" to libray. i not see it.

Reply #157
i'm not able to add the "sd card" to libray. i not see it.
Please clarify.
What device, what system version.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #158
Android 4.4.2 and last fb2k.
I see file in sd with embedded file manager but not with other few apps.

Reply #159
Exact device model please. The SD card mount points seem to vary a lot across devices.

Can you figure out - using file manager - what the full path of your SD card mount point is?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #160
model is a chinese phone Deco 77X
/storage/sdcard1
in the media libray i see only "Internal Storage"

Reply #161
I was trying to use SWYH http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/
This is software to stream sound from PC to mobile device via UPNP.
foobar2000 mobile (android) displayed streams but was unable to connect and play. Other upnp players works, but with significant buffering delay, I was hoping foobar2000 would allow me to use my android phone as remote headphones when watching movies from PC. Obviously that would require minimal buffering delay and I believe foobar2000 is capable to have these setting :) Thank you.

Reply #162
Hi guys, sorry for my rude attention before, one last question, is it possible to add foo_dsp_soundtouch to foobar2000 mobile and mo3 support?

Reply #163
Hi!

If anyone has album art in a dedicated folder and you feel neglected by foobar like me, here's a (somewhat crappy) way to transfer album art.

With foo_textools, you can add something like this:
Code: [Select]
XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.png" "d:\destination folder\folder structure added in converter\cover.png*" & XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.jpg" "d:\android-albumart\folder structure added in converter\cover.jpg*" & XCOPY /Y "e:\albumart folder\%artist% - %album%.jpeg" "d:\android-albumart\folder structure added in converter\cover.jpeg*"

Then paste the whole lot in a .bat file add appropriate codepage in the first line with "chcp". Then run it. Then copy them to the music folder
It won't work however if you have characters outside the codepage you're using. (also it'll pointlessly copy the same thing a bunch of times)

Reply #164
So I'm trying to get mobile foobar-android to connect to my desktop foobar using bubbleupnp server. This does not seem to work although I've had it working for years using the awesome bubbleupnp app.

I can go into settings and add my external facing IP address and port number, but nothing happens. There's no way to test the connection and it never shows up in the list of UPNP servers. I'm not actually sure if it's doing anything in that dialog. There's also not a way to specify a l/p which I think would be needed in some cases.

I also added the server like:
http://mordred:password@mordredfoobar.com:58050 and still nothing happens.

Any ideas? Is this feature just not fully implemented yet?

Reply #165
BubbleUPnP Internet connection does not work with stock UPnP clients like foobar2000 Mobile. You'll probably have to use Bubbleguuum's Android app to connect to that.

I may be wrong. You'll have to wait for a definite answer, and if it's not supported, I'm sure Bubbleguuum will help, if it's in his interest.

Reply #166
I just wanted to let you know that current version of Foobar Mobile works great on my new Lumia 650 (Snapdragon 212 chipset). I use WASAPI and mainly FLAC archive on microSD card.

Reply #167
I think the DSP chain order is inverted on the android app. I noticed some clipping despite having advanced limiter enabled. I moved it from the top (where it was by default) to the the bottom of the chain and the clipping was gone.

Reply #168
Isn't that how its supposed to be? Limiter at the end of the pipeline and the audio flows from top to bottom?

Reply #169
I think on the PC it is the other way arround. Moreover, it wouldn't make any sense to put the limiter on top by default if that would be the case.

Reply #170
I think on the PC it is the other way around. Moreover, it wouldn't make any sense to put the limiter on top by default if that would be the case.

It's the same on PC as mobile is.

Like the PC version the start of the DSP chain is at the top and the end of it is on the bottom.  There's no difference here and most other audio players that allow multiple DSPs work this way as well.

You are confused.

If you noticed that the chains are arranged in alphabetical order by default, you would've figured out why "Advanced Limiter" is at the top.

Reply #171
In my opinion foobar2000 mobile really need a complete user interface changes. The interface look like an app that coming from android 2.3 gingerbread era.
I will think about tomorrow's problem tomorrow

Reply #172
Interface is not that modern but works well for music playback and respects the black theme on Windows mobile. Can be improved, but no big deal.

Reply #173
Hi Peter,Hi to U all,

1.A dts decoder plugin would be nice....
2.A 'channel mixer" plugin/DSP would be nice
3.A downmix to stereo  DPL II compatible DSP would be nice also!

Cheers!
N

Reply #174
Hi Peter,Hi to U all,

1.A dts decoder plugin would be nice....
2.A 'channel mixer" plugin/DSP would be nice
3.A downmix to stereo  DPL II compatible DSP would be nice also!

Cheers!
N

Microsoft, Google, Apple prohibit app makers from letting user created code being used in their apps.

1. Probably not possible due to legal reasons.
2. Doable.
3. Not possible without a decent tagging standard for downmixing across multiple formats or configurable options.  Issues can actually be created if used incorrectly.