Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: album art msn dp changer. (Read 98407 times) previous topic - next topic

album art msn dp changer.

Reply #75
@acropolis

yeah no worries man. its does work, just whenever i hit next song, on my keyboard, using random tracks, it seems to fail.

this could be from various reasons, but i think its proabably got to do with that im running x64 windows, or some random system thing isnt set rite.

cool that you got this idea working, and im sure to keep an eye on it

Reply #76
version 0.2.1_5
- added an option letting you choose if to change the dp in msn messenger.
binary

Reply #77
really great what you did Acropolis  Congrats
My bad i am using miranda ...

Reply #78
This is a great Plugin, thank you Acropolis,
but I think this Plugin is saving too much covers in MSN's Personal Picture Library, why MSN's RAM Usage is bloating up after playing some different Tracks with different covers. I have to delete them manually. Can this get fixed?

Reply #79
This is a great Plugin, thank you Acropolis,
but I think this Plugin is saving too much covers in MSN's Personal Picture Library, why MSN's RAM Usage is bloating up after playing some different Tracks with different covers. I have to delete them manually. Can this get fixed?

unfortunately there's no api that I know of which can remove the added pictures in the MSN.
in fact, the pictures are not added by the plugin but MSN itself.

version 0.2.1_6
- quick fix of the inproper behavior dialog box layout after the the option of change msn avatar was added
binary

Reply #80

with miranda is quite simple. i did for a long time. there was a certain plugin, if i remember well was called msn moods, which allowed to put variables in msn nick and avatar.

Reply #82
Test.exe works fine for me but foobar doesn't cause Windows Live Messenger 8 to change the display picture.

Should I have some option in Foobar preferences for this component? I have one for album art panel but not one for album art panel MSN.

I am using Foobar 0.92

Reply #83
Should I have some option in Foobar preferences for this component? I have one for album art panel but not one for album art panel MSN.

I am using Foobar 0.92

Since this version is based on foo_uie_albumart 0.2.1, the preferences are only available by right-clicking the panel, or clicking "Configure..." from the Columns UI "Layout" tab.  It's a side-effect of enabling multiple instances.

Reply #84

with miranda is quite simple. i did for a long time. there was a certain plugin, if i remember well was called msn moods, which allowed to put variables in msn nick and avatar.

i know about nick, using it. But are you sure about avatar????

Reply #85
Since this version is based on foo_uie_albumart 0.2.1, the preferences are only available by right-clicking the panel, or clicking "Configure..." from the Columns UI "Layout" tab.  It's a side-effect of enabling multiple instances.

Thanks for that. Shoud I have both foo_uie_albumart.dll and foo_uie_albumart_msn.dll in my components folder?

Reply #86
@Masahiko
I'm not too sure, tool++ said before that it doesn't work if the messenger is not in "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger".

@ZZChess
what gfngfgf said is not correct in fact.

you need to add the album art panel (MSN) to change the avatar, because the plugin is only based on the foo_uie_albumart 0.2.1, but you can consider it as a completely different plugin, because it uses different config (you change the setting in normal foo_uie_albumart will not affect the panel setting of this plugin), and it's single instance only (the normal foo_uie_albumart is multiple instance).
therefore you can have one normal album art panel, and another one of this plugin's panel (MSN), as it can be added in the columns ui layout.
so you can have both plugins in the component folder, or just foo_uie_albumart_msn (again, this plugin is single instance, you can't have 2 panels of this plugin in foobar, in contrast to the normal one).

In short, you can use the normal foo_uie_albumart and this plugin together without conflicts, to change the avatar, you must use the panel provided by this plugin however.

Remember to check the "Send album art to MSN Messenger" option in the Behaviour tab dialog box.

Reply #87
Thanks Acropolis, got it working now.

Thanks for all the work on this great plug-in.

Reply #88
Works like a charm. Thanks a ton
edit: Noticed something. When you have foobar open and playing with msn closed it will keep opening and closing msn very quickly. I keep seeing the msn icon appear and disappear in the system tray.

Reply #89
ive noticed a bug in cant seem to shake.

whenever i try to manually change the song, either next or selecting in playlist, it gives me unable to create instance errors.

im running x64 windows, i reckon this is casued by WOW64, but can other ppl check this for me?

Reply #90
For those who are interested, i found a way to do the same with miranda. The plugin to do this is  Var-Toys. You will need also to have Variables. Both can be found there http://www.cs.vu.nl/~pboon/projects.htm

You should also use Watrack to be able to get the song path and filename. 0.4.12 didnt work anymore with foobar but 0.4.13 should correct that. If not 0.4.5 works perfectly for me. You can find Watrack here http://awkward.mirandaim.ru/

Hope this will be helpfull to some miranda users.

PS: sorry Acropolis to put it there but i thought it was a good start for people who want this feature either with msn or miranda

Reply #91
@Masahiko
I'm not too sure, tool++ said before that it doesn't work if the messenger is not in "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger".

Yes, that's works in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger, thank you 

Reply #92
I'm a friggen genius.

;D
hi

Reply #93

Mine's stopped working for no reason now.

I even tried installing live messenger, this didn't help.

Can you make a text.exe with far more specific info, please?

e: can someone zip up their C:\Program Files\Messenger folder for me? <3
hi

Reply #94
Mine don't work anymore too, i don't know why.

(I have installed Live Messenger Plus!)

Reply #95
Mine doesn't work either with live or without live.

I've even uninstalled MSN and been through the registry.

Can someone upload their C:\Program Files\Messenger folder? I don't have windows messenger now for some reason
hi

Reply #96
0.2.1_7
changed the code, so avatar will not be changed for the same album's songs, ie. not change for every song but when needed.
binary

@Masahiko
I'm using plus too, it's working though...

@tool++
The test.exe failed of creating instance, is just because of no COM interface / actual exe file found, so, nothing of more specific info.
I think I can't help you of zipping the windows messenger, because mine is not english version.

Reply #97
Ah fe, my windows really needs a reinstall anyway.

/still can't believe he's REINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR A FOOBAR PLUGIN >.<
hi

Reply #98
Ah fe, my windows really needs a reinstall anyway.

/still can't believe he's REINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR A FOOBAR PLUGIN >.<

haha, but probably you can just try to extract the windows messenger from the xp installation CD's cab archives to get it work again.

Reply #99
I reinstalled windows, and nearly lost my entire second drive (partitions were lost), thankfully TestDisk saved my sorry ass.
hi