Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching for a userfriendly Software for id3-Tag performer database (Read 1174 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching for a userfriendly Software for id3-Tag performer database

Hello,

I am looking for a smart userfriendly software to tag my mp3-Files with the performers/Musicians and export this in the "Musician credits list".

Unfortunately most of my CDs/MP3-Files haven't the information which musician performs which track (mostly they aren't even mentioned). A few CDs are already in MusicBrainz but not very accurate and often.

I try to fill it in with "MusicBrain Picard", but this use a lot of time. In "TagScanner" I even found this entry.

Is there a software, which I can tag it in a fast way?

1. For example I create first hierarchical keywords (well known from DAM-Software like Lightroom, IMatch, MediaPro...).
[blockquote]performer|Drums|Dennis Chambers
performer|Drums|Bill Bruford
performer|Drums|Billy Cobham
performer|Drums|John Bonham
or
performer|guitar|Chuck Loeb[/blockquote]

2. I select one or multiple tracks and click (for example via pull down menu) the performer, which belongs to the track.
3. Save this also in mp3-files (ID3-Tag 2.4)

IMatch can do this via categories, but isn't able to write it in the mp3-files.
foobar2000 and MusicBrainz Picard can write it, but I have to write every name again and again. There is nothing like a category tree.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Tegenarius