Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: YouTube Track Manager (Read 78670 times) previous topic - next topic

YouTube Track Manager

Requirements

foo_youtube 0.0.15.1+

wsh_panel_mod 1.5.6+

Set up

Add wsh panel mod 1.5.6+ to your layout in the usual  way. Uncheck safe mode in preferences/wsh panel mod. Import the script.

Usage

Play artist, genre or artists and similar artists  tracks in radio mode – adjust song hotness and artist variety.

Search for albums, double click, allow the tracks to  load and play the tracks.

Tracks are from youtube.

Tracks are dynamically named according to search  parameters for artist, title, album and date parameters. Tracks are properly  grouped.

Panel mode and button mode. Works in both default and  columns user interfaces.

Toggle radio and albums panels.

Powered by echonest, foo_youtube, lastfm, musicbrainz  and youtube.

See the readme with the download for more information.

The script was written to give the functionality of the  now defunct foo_lastfm_radio, because 3dyd's foo_youtube plug-in now makes this  possible and because 3dyd said here that such functionality was outside the  scope of his plug-in. In the end the ability to search for albums and load the  tracks was added as well since 3dyd said his plug-in is now more or less  complete.

In  artist and  similar artists mode the selected artist plays at ~ the same frequency as if  use the lastfm website directly.

Thanks to The vern for help and advice. Thanks also to  mire777 for initial inspiration.

This is an initial release of the script so please  report any bugs. The best place for this is probably the Foobar Youtube Radio  thread.

Enjoy.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #1
What is the difference with Foobar Youtube Radio of Mire777 ?

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #2
Youtube track manager should be faster. Consequently the  add locations pop-up that can otherwise appear during  track additions should be suppressed. Both youtube track manager and mire777's version have artists and similar  artists plus genre radio. I think mire777's version is extracting info from  lastfm web pages then using a random method to pick artists from a similar  artists list and then a random method to pick one of the artist's tracks. The  version above bypasses all this by getting a list of artist – titles directly  from echonest. Echonest have already done the work of trawling sites like lastfm.  Echonest provides up-to-the-minute artist similarity and song popularity.  Consequently, the artist title lists obtained already have a popularity index  in them. This can be further adjusted through the configurable options of song hotness  and artist variety. Additionally, youtube track manager has an artist radio and  in panel mode provides feedback on the progress/outcome of radio searches and  shows the radio station playing.

One problem with playing tracks from youtube has been having  tracks correctly named. The artist-title parsing rules in the foo_youtube  plug-in go some way to solving this. But there were still many missing/incorrect  artist names etc. Youtube track manager takes advantage of new metadata  handling in foo_youtube and the fact that youtube track manager knows the correct  names from the search parameters. Consequently, tracks are dynamically renamed.

Youtube track manager also has an album manager. By default  this shows the albums of the playing artist. Albums can also be searched for by  artist. Double clicking an album loads the individual tracks which can be  played. Because of the dynamic renaming, tracks should be correctly grouped,  named and sorted by track number. For full details and features please see the  readme.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #3
I'm so stupid that I need, if possible, some more explanation
In wsh panel I pasted your script, which replaced the previous script from Mire777.
After, I did go to listen a music, I right clicked and by Youtube Source I clicked on Search artist concerts.
Very quickly concerts were found toghether with images.

1) How is it possible that the YouTube image is still there and works? The image made by Mire777
Buttons = {
   but1: new Button(left_margin,top_margin,bw,bh, {normal: image_path + "youtube0.png", hover: image_path + "youtube1.png"}

2) I have a problem:
On my foobar, to see the playlists, I have to click on a button to switch.
When I want to return to the page where I can see the library, the click on artist or album or genre or anything else to start playing does not work.
I have to exit foobar and open it again (sorry for my bad english).

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #4
I'm so stupid that I need, if possible, some more explanation
In wsh panel I pasted your script, which replaced the previous script from Mire777.
After, I did go to listen a music, I right clicked and by Youtube Source I clicked on Search artist concerts.
Very quickly concerts were found toghether with images.

1) How is it possible that the YouTube image is still there and works? The image made by Mire777
Buttons = {
   but1: new Button(left_margin,top_margin,bw,bh, {normal: image_path + "youtube0.png", hover: image_path + "youtube1.png"}
[/s]

2) I have a problem:
On my foobar, to see the playlists, I have to click on a button to switch.
When I want to return to the page where I can see the library, the click on artist or album or genre or anything else to start playing does not work.
I have to exit foobar and open it again (sorry for my bad english).

Edit:
Sorry, I had made a mistake. I pasted on the wrong wsh panel!
Now, I don't see your button and I don't know what to do.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #5
If you are using button mode, you have to set Button Mode to true in the wsh panel properties. I should have made that clearer.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #6
I tried with button mode "true".
I'm not able to place the "button" on skin "LUR" from Russia.
It t takes a large space showing artist name, title, albums.
On my installed foobar with no special skin, I see the image and lines with artist, album, but it takes also a lot of space.
I cannot compare with the images you posted, because they are too small to see details.
At the moment, I give up and keep Mire777 script.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #7
Thanks for the report. Fixed issues with button mode displaying text when in a panel container larger than the button. Button mode should now correctly operate in any panel size - it should just show the button and no text. To use button mode set the button mode to true in properties. There is also a larger image that illustrates the 3 ways the script can be used. Upper left shows the album panel display, mid-left shows the radio panel display and upper right in the toolbar is just the button for use in button mode. Double clicking an album name will load the tracks.

HTH

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #8
Thanks for your big image 
Ok, it works with your last script version 2.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #9
YouTube Track Manager 0.3 beta

CHANGELOG

Added last.fm as a radio source for artist, genre, similar artists and tags (any last.fm tag or toptag can be used to return a selection of tracks). This source complements the echonest source already present.

Added song hotness and artist variety to menu, rather than just being configurable in properties (functions with both echonest and last.fm sources).

Added name of current radio to menu in button mode

Minor bug fixes

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #10
I don't know eaxtly when it happened:
the youtube image disappeared and instead there where 3 letters "ras".
Restarting Foobar, the image was there again.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #12
In french "ras" means Rien A Signaler    No problem.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #13
I had again "RAS" while listening to a clip found through your last script. No crash, just the configure panel opened itself.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #14
@musikomaniak - since I cannot reproduce the issue it would be helpful if you would post the console report if the issue occurs with 0.5 beta (foobar2000\view\console). The console probably contains an error message - the last bit of the console output is the most important (I really need the error message and line number the error occurred on).

New version:

CHANGELOG
Improved the last.fm mode
Added background saving and cache option for radio station data (default is off - see readme for more info)
Added filters to reduce the number of Christmas songs when out of the festive season
Changed the artist variety display so it now shows the approximate number of artists used
Changed the properties format. For a clean view of properties it recommended to clear properties and reinstate any custom settings

There have been a lot of changes, so please report any bugs

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #15
Hi WilB, in foobar (two in portable version) where there is your script I don't have "View>Console. Sorry.
Maybe you could help me to position YT image, I'm unable to understand what to put left/right - width...

[attachment=7893:yt-track-position.png]

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #16
View\console is a foobar2000 main menu command that's accessible on the view menu in the main toolbar. May be you are using some theme that's hidden the main toolbar. You can temporarily enable the main toolbar if its a columns ui theme by preferences\columns ui\main\show toolbars (check box). If its default user interface then I don't think you can remove it completely - but if so re-enable the main toolbar. Or you could assign a keyboard shortcut to show console, again in the view section of the keyboard shortcut tree in preferences.

With regard to the button positioning, that depends on the container the buttons are in. Look on the columns ui layout menu. If it's a columns ui buttons toolbar then I haven't used that method for ages - so you would need to read the columns ui documentation. If its  panel stack splitter container then try the following. Locate the panel stack splitter containing the buttons in the picture. Add a wsh panel mod to the panel stack splitter. Go to the Panellist tab of the panel stack splitter container, select the wsh panel mod you added and ensure forced layout is ticked and that hide panel on start up is not ticked. Go to the script section. Put the following code at the end of the Per Track section:
$movepanel_c(WSH Panel Mod,0,0,22,16)
Values in movepanel are x,y,w,h in pixels - so it contains the button width and height already. Change the x y values as required. And of course ensure the srcipt is imported and button mode is set to true.

HTH

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #17
Thanks.
My problem is that I don't know wich values are required...
Don't worry.
I'll tell you if I have other problems about "Ras" or else. Your last script is on my portable foobar, with button "on", far from other buttons

Code: [Select]
Startup time : 0:01.041989
WSH Panel Mod (YouTube Track Manager v0.5 beta by Wilb): initialized in 5 ms

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #18
Thanks.
My problem is that I don't know wich values are required...
Don't worry.
I'll tell you if I have other problems about "Ras" or else. Your last script is on my portable foobar, with button "on", far from other buttons

Startup time : 0:01.041989
WSH Panel Mod (YouTube Track Manager v0.5 beta by Wilb): initialized in 5 ms

PS
Would it be possible I use my button? If possible I suppose in properties or somewhere else I should indicate the path or something if I use "Add button" in "Options - buttons".

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #19
New version - minor bug fix.

@musikomaniaK
You can only do this by editing the code. It's fairly simple.

Change lines 351 to 353 as indicated. Be sure to comment out create buttons as indicated. You will need to enter your image paths to replace the ones below. PAY PARTICULR ATTENTION TO THE PRESENCE OF " AND USE \\ AS INDICATED FOR NEW FOLDERS AND NOT \. ALSO THE PARENTHESES AND FULL STOPS ARE IMPORTANT! If the path is wrong in any way you will know because it will crash - cRAShed - it seems you only see the RAS. 
         var ft_img_off = gdi.Image(fb.ProfilePath + "images\\image_off.png");
         var ft_img_on = gdi.Image(fb.ProfilePath + "images\\image_on.png");
         //create_buttons();

If your new buttons are a different size you may want to change the pixel sizes on line 314
         var button_w = 22, button_h = 16; JUST CHANGE THE NUMBERS - DON'T CHANGE THE PUNCTUATION ELSE IT MAY CRASH

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #20
Ok, it works
(Now I have to find buttons similar to which I had found !).
I'm expert to make things hardly complicated.

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #21
I just had "RAS" appearing in place of YT image (Your script image). There was no crash, just "Ras".
Portable Foobar with EsPlaylist - Skin LUR.
Windows 7
UI Hacks: virtual disk hooks OK (0x0300)
UI Hacks: DLL-hijacking succeeded
UI Hacks: hooks status 0x430000
Components loaded in: 0:00.049533
Configuration read in: 0:00.006434
Watching: D:\Musique
WSH Panel Mod ({7E59A5FF-3876-4BA1-96BE-BE7C07BF25AC}): initialized in 21 ms
Album list panel: initialised in 0.006 s
WSH Panel Mod ({4CA857F1-AC93-42E2-8710-3D5AA5895DA7}): initialized in 0 ms
WSH Panel Mod (YouTube Track Manager v0.6 beta by Wilb): initialized in 10 ms
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.552895
Startup time : 0:00.736476
Opening track for playback: "D:\Musique\Jazz\Ahmad Jamal\Ahmad Jamal - Swahililand.flac"
Wave cache: finished analysis of "D:\Musique\Jazz\Ahmad Jamal\Ahmad Jamal - Swahililand.flac"
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=All%20Blues&fb2k_artist=Ron%20Carter&v=Z53ytYBJ5m4"
3dydfy, opening mp4: download - foo_youtube, decode - foobar2000
Autobackup: Backed up 103 items to autobackup.20140512-113333.zip
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Ray%20Allen%203%20Point%20King%20Mix%202011%20%5BA%20Hundred%20Dreams%20From%20Now%5D&fb2k_artist=Ray%20Bryant&v=7f88goWdwO4"
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=No%20Woman%20No%20Cry&fb2k_artist=Monty%20Alexander&v=FaFdK_hXBnU"
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Blackbird&fb2k_artist=Brad%20Mehldau&v=Fw-X5GTiYGw"
Opening track for playback: "D:\Musique\Italia\Claudio Baglioni\Assieme\Mille giorni di te e di me.flac"
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Troppo%20Amore&fb2k_artist=Michele%20Zarrillo&v=DMAJG3gPf6I"
Opening track for playback: "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Riccardo%20Cocciante%20%22Ti%20scorder%C3%B2%2C%20ti%20scorder%C3%B2%22%20%5BTi%20Scordero'%2C%20Ti%20Scordero'%5D&fb2k_artist=Riccardo%20Cocciante&v=Gxq3ZVugVKA"
Wave cache: finished analysis of "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Ray%20Allen%203%20Point%20King%20Mix%202011%20%5BA%20Hundred%20Dreams%20From%20Now%5D&fb2k_artist=Ray%20Bryant&v=7f88goWdwO4"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (YouTube Track Manager v0.6 beta by Wilb): Erreur d'exécution Microsoft JScript:
'undefined' a la valeur Null ou n'est pas un objet
File: <main>
Ln: 2406, Col: 21
<source text only available at compile time>
Reading from MP4 file failed: frame 12926 of 12929.
Wave cache: generic IO exception (3dydfy: Write error) for "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Blackbird&fb2k_artist=Brad%20Mehldau&v=Fw-X5GTiYGw"
Wave cache: finished analysis of "D:\Musique\Italia\Claudio Baglioni\Assieme\Mille giorni di te e di me.flac"
Autosaving... (I)
Configuration saved in: 0:00.081475
Autobackup: Backed up 104 items to autobackup.20140512-113803.zip
Wave cache: finished analysis of "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=All%20Blues&fb2k_artist=Ron%20Carter&v=Z53ytYBJ5m4"
Wave cache: finished analysis of "3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Troppo%20Amore&fb2k_artist=Michele%20Zarrillo&v=DMAJG3gPf6I"

I replaced in your last 0.6 script v0.5 beta by v0.6 beta

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #23
Thanks Marc2003 for the explanation.
I did not had Aw, crashed
nor computer system crash

Sorry, but, what do you mean by small panel? Do you mean Splitter settings configuration, with layout - left - top...?

YouTube Track Manager

Reply #24
New version

@musikomaniak Thanks for the report. Hopefully the issue is fixed in version 0.7.

@marc2003... Yes - I had indicated that it was a crash in post #20 albeit not  as explicitly as your post since I mentioned it in a code box

If any one has issues with foobar2000 grabbing focus, unchecking "Bring to  front when adding new files" in foobar2000\preferences\shell integration can be used to stop this behaviour.