Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best Firefox Extensions (Read 12939 times) previous topic - next topic

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #26
I use SeaMonkey suite. Firefox + mail + chatzilla + composer, etc.
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #27
Super DragAndGo, similar to *gestures.

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #28
Just added DownThemAll to my 'nice' list of extensions. It's a XUL-based download manager, kinda like GetRight, but very useful for downloading the latest foobar2000 from the pesky www.foobar2000.org (always failed using GetRight).

That said, I think DownThemAll's download list cannot be shared between users. So I'm still using GetRight for all other downloads.

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #29
All-in-One Gestures 0.17.4
DOM Inspector 1.8.1 [DISABLED]
Flashblock 1.5.1
Linky 2.7.1
Nightly Tester Tools 1.0.4
Session Manager 0.4.2 [DISABLED]
Talkback 2.0
VideoDownloader 1.1 [DISABLED]
Web Developer 1.0.2

<spammy>Did you know that with Nightly Tester Tools, you can copy a list of all your extensions to the clipboard?

Did you know that with Nightly Tester Tools, you can use extensions that weren't built for your version of Firefox?

Get yours today!</spammy>

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #30
Well, you can get the same effect using Mr. Tech Local Install...

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #32
The search bar is useless if you're using keywords.

Ctrl-L, ? search query. done.

I don't use many extensions routinely. Something to keep all tabs in a single window, adblock + filterset updater, and whatever else I find nifty on any particular install of Firefox.

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #33
@Canar: Not really. I added Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster to the search bar. Thus I can jump directly to their site if I need to look up something.

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #34
I've got keywords for both Wikipedia and Dictionary.com (not m-w, but it works). They work fine.

Edit: And making one for m-w was a snap...

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #35
i love flashgot & super dragandgo
flashgot -> to use flashget
super dragandgo -> drag link  to open new tab

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #36
I've got keywords for both Wikipedia and Dictionary.com (not m-w, but it works). They work fine.

Edit: And making one for m-w was a snap...
Gee, you're right... how come I've forgotten totally about the wonders of keywords?

Well, the reason I did not use keywords originally is that M-W's online dictionary's search form -- if you visit the site -- uses Javascript, so I just think that keywords cannot be used there. Well, the solution was for me to use the search bar to search a word unlikely to be part of the parameter (e.g. "moronic"), found the URL, and then replace that word with %s ...

Thanks for reminding me

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #37
adblock, noscript, tab mix plus, img like opera, download statusbar, menu editor, cute menus 2, reorder statusbar, (the one that opens highlighted text in a new tab), flashgot (previously 'download with'), download embeded, cache status, cache viewer, shift+tab preview, active stop button, disable backspace navigation, fission, up one level, (fullscreen) + (hide menubar), resurect link, open without referer, ... more that I can't think of.

note: named off the top of my head, could be a bit off

I'm still looking for one to disable evil drag&drop text editing
Vorbis-q0-lowpass99
lame3.93.1-q5-V9-k-nspsytune

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #38
@gameplaya: Are you trying to mirror the plugin repository?

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #39
Foxytunes and Down The Mall
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #40
do we have a decent wap emulator?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Best Firefox Extensions

Reply #41
Scrapbook (download an manage donwloaded homepages) and NoScript. These two extensions are the reason I switched from opera to firefox.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!