Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC, Plextor Premium II & CUE Sheet (Read 5129 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: EAC, Plextor Premium II & CUE Sheet

Reply #25
Hello Guys

Well My Ripping Plot thickens, can anyone help and shine some light, think i'm going mad....

When ripping CD's over the years I have tried DB PowerAmp Ripper and Purchased it, Never Thought the sound quality of the Rips were great from that program

Originally back in the 90s I used EAC then went back to EAC after not being happy with DBpowerAmp Ripper, in my heart never really was happy with the Rips from EAC ! either

so I have two programs both of which I'm not happy with the rips, but always suffered the rips as could never get the results I wanted ? never knew why, I had top of the range P.C'.s Adaptec Scsi cards, Plextor ScSi readers and burners back in the day and never cut corners

I just knew playing the CD in my various high end CD players ALWAYS sounded crisper / wider etc. than a Rip from Eac or DBpoweramp Ripper of the same CD, ?? why

So I kept asking myself why would the CD in the CD player sound great, but when I ripped the same CD to Wav, it would just sound OK ?
I have even tried CueTool Ripper, They all sound the same .... just ok but never as good as the CD Player.! The Rips almost sound mono, yet when listening to the CD in a high end CD player, full stereo, great width and dynamics. but never with the RIP

Now I have a really good Digital RME sound card and can really tell when music sounds good or not.

So over the past 15 years I have ripped 100s & 100s of CDs always knowing deep down the Rip was sub standard and never sounded Open like when playing on the CD player, the digital rip from DbpowerAmp / EAC / CueTools  always played differently ? The stereo was not wide, it was almost like my rips sounded Mono

Well after reading one of the above posts, about Easy Audio Copy,I thought I would give it a try

It's very limited on options and config, BUT IT IS THE VERY FIRST RIPPER THAT I HAVE TRIED THAT SOUND AMAZING WHEN PLAYING BACK THE RIP !!

I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS. I have never ever had a rip sound so good, what is that program doing different to all the other rippers, I have done a compare A/B test of the RIP track and then playing the CD in my CD player and there is NO difference. The digital RIP sounds amazing and identical to the CD.

In all the years +20 I have ripped CDs I have never been able to get the Rip sounding as good as the CD until NOW with this RIPPING software ???

The first CD I ripped in Easy CD copy I could here the difference right away albeit subtle, but the stereo was wide.

So what is going on ???, as it almost sounds like i'm a little crazy, but I will tell you I'm not Wrong !!

Is it the timing of the left and right channels that the other Rippers can't get right when writing the Wav to the harddrive. is the timing of both channels L&R slightly out by a few milliseconds and thats why non of the previous wav rip sound great ???

Easy CD Copy is doing something much better than all the other rippers, My Rips now sound like Audiphile Rips !!!

I have never ever had them sounding so real and life like to the CD !

So I will be purchasing that software

But can someone please shine some light, and tell me what is going on ??

as I will now be re ripping every CD I own with this new ripping software, to get the perfect sounding rip

Thank you in advance

John

No Half Measures With Audio, Perfection is the only way every time

Re: EAC, Plextor Premium II & CUE Sheet

Reply #26
Well after reading one of the above posts, about Easy Audio Copy,I thought I would give it a try

It's very limited on options and config, BUT IT IS THE VERY FIRST RIPPER THAT I HAVE TRIED THAT SOUND AMAZING WHEN PLAYING BACK THE RIP !!

I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EARS. I have never ever had a rip sound so good, what is that program doing different to all the other rippers, I have done a compare A/B test of the RIP track and then playing the CD in my CD player and there is NO difference. The digital RIP sounds amazing and identical to the CD.

You should not believe your ... it is not your ears.

Sorry to be this blunt, but you are seriously astray: you have fallen for a well-known bug/feature of human nature. No, it does not mean you are dumb, because it is so hard to avoid that we actually have to take measures to get rid of it.
What we think is hearing is easily contaminated by what we think we hear. The brain does things like that. Look at the McGurk effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k8fHR9jKVM . I mean seriously watch it, it is fascinating. You will "hear" faaa / baaa with your eyes.

If you think you hear better sound from [ripper x] from typical CD, your brain is playing this "make sense of stuff but get it wrong" game with you. Because a normal boringly-good-shape CD will get the same bits to hard drive with dBpoweramp, with CUETools, with EAC, with foobar2000, and likely with a bunch of non-secure rippers too.

Don't test sighted. Test blind. Rip with two different rippers, fire up foobar2000 with the foo_abx component, and you will be surprised.

Also, the terms of service of this forum actually forbid those "sounds better than!" claims if not backed by solid evidence.