Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Create MP3's from FLAC files? (Read 5337 times) previous topic - next topic

Create MP3's from FLAC files?

I ripped my CD collection to FLAC files with REACT.  All are complete album files with the embedded CUE sheets in them.  I now want to make single MP3 song files from some of those FLAC albums.  What's the best tool to do this?

I also want to be able to do about 20 of them at once, so if there is a tool that allows me to pick them all instead of one-by-one, that would be even better.

Robert

Reply #1
foobar2000 is by far the easiest way. JUst drag all the FLAC files into a playlist and use Converter.

On the command line you could use ACDIR or CuePROC.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
foobar2000 is by far the easiest way. JUst drag all the FLAC files into a playlist and use Converter.

Reply #3
I actually prefer using Omni Encoder over foobar2000 for large amount of files, because Omni Encoder has an ability to organize all encoded files to Artist/Album folders.

Reply #4
COPY YOUR FLAC FILES TO YOU HARD DISK IN THEIR ORIGINAL DIRECTORY STRUCTURE THEN IN FOOBAR RIGHT CLICK AND "convert to same directory" , erase then the flac files and you have your mp3 organized

Reply #5
I actually prefer using Omni Encoder over foobar2000 for large amount of files, because Omni Encoder has an ability to organize all encoded files to Artist/Album folders.

Err Foobar2000 can do this too, it can make folders according to metadata.
:Foobar 2000:
:MPC --standard:
:iRiver H320 Rockboxed:

Reply #6
So does foobar, and more (date, discnumber, discname, etc.).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #7
OK, Foobar it is.  Thanks!

Robert

Reply #8
I do agree that using foobar2000 is a very convenient way to convert .flac to .mp3 but I still would appreciate it if John33 would add the ability to feed losslessly compressed audio input to LameDropXPd, just like it works in OggDropXPd. Including the option to inherit the metadata of course.

Reply #9
Thanks everyone for the point about foobar2000's ability to do this. I was not aware of that (I use foobar only as player and for replaygain scan). And sorry for making false claims! Foobar2000 is indeed a great tool  .

Regards,
Irakli