Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 1.4 beta has been released (Read 140501 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 1.4 beta has been released

This new version of foobar2000 contains some major ui improvements, feature enhancements to the replaygain scanner and converter, and also new features like webm streaming support and the ability to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.

Download and changelog

Re: foobar2000 1.4 beta has been released

Reply #1
Thank You. Will try it.

Ha, Igorrr album. One of my favorite albums of this  year.

Reply #2
Windows 10 Defender does not like foobar 1.4 beta.

Reply #3
Peter, thank you for this nice little Christmas surprise.

A peaceful and happy Holiday Season to everyone!

Reply #4
Thanks will load later.

Igorrr is "interesting". Listening now on Spotify. Thanks again.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

"Right-click" > "Convert" missing all preset shortcuts

Reply #6
Click "..." and the presets are all there but they are missing from context menu and don't re-populate as they are used.

If I revert to 1.3 will they come back?  Don't want to lose them!  Before I try this, is there a way to back up these presets?

P.S. This is Columns UI.

Reply #7
Windows 10  build 17063

Foo developers need to add a MD5.

Reply #8
Got the same thing, no options shown until I clicked upper area (forgot text shown, didn't screen grab) then the "Run Anyway" button appeared
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #9
Click "..." and the presets are all there but they are missing from context menu and don't re-populate as they are used.
This is configurable. By default if you have 20 or less presets they will be displayed. Anything more and it shows the ellipsis. You can find the setting in Preferences -> Advanced -> Tools -> Converter -> Maximum presets in context menu.

Foo developers need to add a MD5.
I doubt your download is altered, it's just a false positive detection. MD5 and SHA1 checksums:
df1e97802f5f0beef93890705db760c9 *foobar2000_v1.4_beta_1.exe
75a5fd6cc452564801c72a605aaf835fe479a27b ?SHA1*foobar2000_v1.4_beta_1.exe

Reply #10

Too late to edit my post above, click on "More info" then "Run anyway". Working fine so far
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #11
I uploaded dynamic runtime versions of my published components here. Anyone using my components who has plenty of third party components is recommended to update to reduce the load on limited FLS slots.

Reply #12
I'll have to get use to the change in DSP manager.  No big deal though.

Overall.  I think it looks more like other current user interface designs trends at the moment (flat appearance).

Reply #13
No problems here installing but then again I don't use Windows 10 Defender and you probably shouldn't too, it's a bit useless ;)

Reply #14
No problems here installing but then again I don't use Windows 10 Defender
Me neither (turned off) but the message box mentioned above still popped up.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #15
Are you really suggesting that the devs should pay for the Certificate Cartel to let thier executables pass?

Reply #16
Is there any expectation on the timeframe for moving 1.4 from beta to the official release?

Reply #18
Something in 1.4 beta 3 keeps tripping Kaspersky Total Security.

At random (seemingly)  a "Serious Behaviour" warning kicks in and it wants you to delete the installed exe.
Seems to be related to "PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic".

No malware/virus is detected in the installer or the installed files, it looks like the behavior monitor part of Kaspersky is being tripped by something foobar does (very) occasionally.  Sometimes after a few minute other times hours.

Seen this on 2 machines.  Never seen this occur in release version or in 1.4 Beta 2.

Reply #19
EDIT to my above post.
The problem is tripped by foo_jesus creating and deleting zip files within the applications subfolders and because the beta hasn't been seen by many Kaspersky users on the KSN network (less than 100 as I write), foobar is getting placed in a "Low Restriction" setting instead of its normal "Trusted" rating which is causing Kaspersky to trip.

As more people use the beta it should resolve itselve, in the mean time excluding monitoring of application behavior or placing in to "Trusted" manually will fix it.

Reply #20
An application should not write into its program folder. Such behaviour is from XP days and earlier, and is discouraged by the default permission setting over the Program Files folder since Windows Vista.

As I see, the component is quite old ( last version from 2010 ), but following the documentation thread , it says that it uses an internal functionality of foobar2000 itself, and that it saves the file into a user-specified folder.  Could it be that your destination folder is what is triggering the problem in Karspersky?

Reply #21
An application should not write into its program folder.
That is not (exactly) what Erratic said. Default the component writes in <User>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\autobackup which is fine.
Clearly Kaspersky is overly cautious (in other words annoying).
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #22
No issue with Kaspersky on 2 PCs
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #23
I noticed part of the CUE file isn't making it over. COMPOSER is showing Ric Ocasek but not showing Greg Hawkes.

Code: [Select]
 TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Moving In Stereo"
    PERFORMER "The Cars"
    REM COMPOSER "Ric Ocasek;Greg Hawkes"
    INDEX 01 26:17:73

Reply #24
The 'COMPOSER' line started with 'REM', try removing the 'REM' in your favorite text editor before opening it again.