Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search influences Playlist (Read 1343 times) previous topic - next topic

Search influences Playlist

Didn't find a topic for that, so I just opened a new one. I hope it's in the correct sector.

My question:
Is it possible, that if I put every song into a playlist and search for a specific artist, the playlist only shows and plays that artist I searched for, as in iTunes?
Don't want to use iTunes, but it would be awesome, if there's a tool or something for Foobar, too.

Thanks in advance,
Stephan

Reply #1
Strg + F ?
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #2
That's not what I meant. I mean, that in the playlist are only the songs/artist/whatever I search for, when I use the CRTL-F search window.

Reply #3
And if you send the result to a playlist ?

Strg + F is creating a playlist. Just give a new name.

Sorry my fault. I use foo_uie_quicksearch
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #4
My question:
Is it possible, that if I put every song into a playlist...

"Every song" should already in your media library. Creating a playlist with "every song" would then be redundant.

...and search for a specific artist, the playlist only shows and plays that artist I searched for, as in iTunes?

If you search the library (found in [main menu]->Library->Search]) for an artist, you can then click the [...] button and create a playlist that only contains tracks from that artist.
elevatorladylevitateme