Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Setting up a Blind Audio Test (Read 2182 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting up a Blind Audio Test

Hi,

I want to see if I can pick out the differences in sound from my onboard MSI z87 g45 ALC1150 audio compared to my Objective amp/dac. There are a few difficulties however. First, the most convinient way to do this test is to plug the quarter inch to 3.5mm converter on my headphone connection and plug the 3.5mm plug into the front port of the computer. This of course has drawbacks but the biggest issue is that I probably forgot to wire up the front audio port when I first built the computer. Or something. So the back works well, but that puts the tester in an awkward place in my room, cramped. Although, out of visible sight and making it truly a blind test. Another issue is that the headphone jack itself is quarter plug, and the Objective has a quarter inch jack. But the onboard has 3.5mm. So to switch between onboard vs Objective the quarter inch to 3.5mm converter has to either come off or come on, making this very cumbersome.

So I wonder if there is an easier way to do this test? Maybe some sort of cable that runs into both Objective and Onboard, with the playback device/amp changed with a click of the mouse? That would make things much simpler and more bulletproof of a test.

I literally just plugged my HD800s into onboard and the volume is more than loud enough for Foobar playback. I'm hoping that I am able to do more in depth digging around.

Sorry if this is already answered.