Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio Tools Library (ATL) .NET v2.0 released (Read 36279 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio Tools Library (ATL) .NET v2.0 released

ATL .NET is a fully native, C# library that reads and edits metadata from various digital audio formats, playlists and CUE Sheets.

Version 2.0 source and compiled library are now live on GitHub and NuGet : ATL .NET

Supported audio formats : AAC, AIF, MP4, M4A, AC3, DTS, DSF, DSD, FLAC, MIDI, APE, MP1-2-3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, OFR, PSF (and sister-formats such as SSF, DSF, ...), SPC, TTA, VQF, WAV, WV, WMA, MOD, XM, S3M, IT

Supported tagging standards : ID3v1.0-1.1, ID3v2.2-2.4, APEtag 1.0-2.0 and format-specific tagging (e.g. WMA)

Supported playlists formats : ASX, B4S, FPL (experimental), M3U, M3U8, PLS, SMIL (including WPL and ZPL), XSPF

Version 2.0 is a major overhaul of versions 1.x aimed at providing a cleaner code and transparent test coverage.

Any comment, request or contribution is most welcome.

Re: Audio Tools Library (ATL) .NET v2.0 released

Reply #1
Hello @Zeugma !! Thanks for providing the library. Would you consider adding support for mapping the broadcast wave metadata to the playlist description field in foobar2000 for .wav & .bwav files ? See this link >> http://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/guidelines/digitize-embedding.html << Adding support for this metadata in Foobar2000 would be a huge help to audio professionals. Thanks !!

TAGGING : bwav, soundminer, basehead, metadata, wav

Reply #2
Hello @studio13,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ATL !

I'd be glad to add support for broadcast wave metadata in future versions of the library, no problem. It has been added to the roadmap.

However, I fear there's been a small misunderstanding here : ATL is not related to foobar2000 in any way.

To get broadcast wave metadata support in foobar2000, I fear you'll have to wait for someone to develop a plugin for that (unfortunately, I'm not that person, since my C++ is more than rusty).

Reply #3
Hello again @studio13,

I've been studying Broadcast wave metadata this week-end. It looks like the following metadata structures can be used :
  • BEXT chunk
  • INFO chunk
  • XMP chunk, with its own sub-specifications (ISO-16684–1)
  • aXML chunk, with its own sub-specifications (specs from EBU Tech)
  • iXML chunk, with its own sub-specifications (dedicated website)

My question is : developing/integrating metadata parsers for all these will take a fair amount of time, and since I'm no audio professional, I don't know which ones are most important / widespread.

=> Could you help me prioritizing these so that I can draft a first usable release that supports the essentials ?

Reply #4
By the way, BEXT, LIST INFO and iXML metadata support in RIFF/ WAV files has just been implemented !

Now two more to go with aXML and XMP.

Reply #5
Hi Zeugma - thanks again for this awesome project. I've found some anomalies with some FLAC files that seem to reporting Album name as something different to TagScanner, MP3Tag, etc. Wondering where ATL is getting the info from sometimes - would it possible to contact you and give you an example?
Cheers
Shaky

Reply #6
Hey Shaky,

Feel free to contact me by either :

Cheers,

-Z440