Skip to main content
Topic: EAC misses first track title compressing to flac (Read 531 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC misses first track title compressing to flac

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum.  I am trying to convert my music library into FLAC files.  I use Windows 7 Ult, and keep my music straight using MediaMonkey.

So I have the latest edition of EAC (Version 1.2 from 12 Aug. 2016).  When I rip a 'range' of music for some reason FLAC discards the first track title and though it includes the music, the title corresponds to the second song or piece.  For instance Beethoven String Trio in G... I updated the 'playlist' using freedb plugin then ripped the first 4 tracks using "Copy Range".  Well when I play it back in MediaMonkey or Audacity the piece starts out with the first track but the tag reads the second track and the track number is "2" or sometimes it is interpreted as 02 like in MediaMonkey's system.

So then I ripped the same selections in MediaMonkey and it does the same thing. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I have been searching all day for an answer but can't seem to find an example anyone else has had of this problem.  Since both pieces of software use their own FLAC files here I am.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, plain

Re: EAC misses first track title compressing to flac

Reply #1
I've never had need to use it but as I understand the function of "Copy Range" is to join files to avoid gaps. This is not necessary with FLAC. Just use "Copy" or "Test & Copy".

Re: EAC misses first track title compressing to flac

Reply #2
Okay Thanks Apesbrain, I will try your suggestion.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018