Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: more stickies, please! (Read 2249 times) previous topic - next topic

more stickies, please!

I've found the mp3 sticky on recommended LAME settings helpful for reference.  It would be just so wonderful if you could include stickies in OGG, MPC, and others that simply explain how to get the encoding working in EAC and/or CDEx and with whatever the recommended front end is, with links to downloads included.  I know it's not very complicated but you'd be surprised how difficult that info is to come by all in one place.  I recently encoded to Ogg for the first time--really pretty easy w/EAC and I figured it out by searching the boards here--but now someone has asked me how it's done and I  sure wish I could just refer him to an explanation here.  Anyway, just a suggestion/request from a non-expert, I know it's not so easy to do, just take it for what it's worth...

more stickies, please!

Reply #1
There is already a sticky for mpc.
A great FAQ is in progress (as it has been for a long time :-/ ).

more stickies, please!

Reply #2
There is already a sticky for mpc.
A great FAQ is in progress (as it has been for a long time :-/ ).

Ah yes, I had forgotten that--but I think that's exactly what made me miss it for ogg, aac, and flac--it is exactly what I have in mind.  Good luck with the faq to you or whoever's working on it.