Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: where could I find the specification of LPCM used in blue-ray? (Read 5658 times) previous topic - next topic

where could I find the specification of LPCM used in blue-ray?

Hi, guys.
    For decoder developement.
Thank you!

Reply #1
Hi, guys.
Thank you!

Do you believe there is a need to decode LPCM? Or you have something else in mind?

P.S. I cannot do Chinese ;)

Reply #2
Is it that you have such data in a file and need to know the format (header, endian, etc.) or do you need to extract the LPCM audio from the disc itself?

Reply #3
Hi, guys.
Thank you!

Do you believe there is a need to decode LPCM? Or you have something else in mind?

P.S. I cannot do Chinese ;)

Take this .ts for example: Halloween.Blu-ray.REMUX.1080P.H264.LPCM.DD51-SiLU.disk1.ts
That I know the audio track is LPCM format, and the demuxer will feed the audio es to audio decoder.
But How the decoder recognize the PCM format, like endianess, sampling rate, bit per sample, channel setting, and other elements.

Thank you!

btw: I'm developing audio decoder used in set-top box chip.

Is it that you have such data in a file and need to know the format (header, endian, etc.) or do you need to extract the LPCM audio from the disc itself?

the former, like header format, sampling rate and so on.