Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Free alternative to Total Recorder? (Read 5415 times) previous topic - next topic

Free alternative to Total Recorder?

Hi folks,

Is there any free program that captures audio signals "before they leave the sound card", just like Total Recorder?

I know that programs like MusicMatch or EAC can record from Line-In, but they can't record "internally", can they?

CU

Dominic

Reply #2
silent-bob has less features than total-recorder (e.g. no mp3 encoding on the fly), but captures audio signals at your soundcard, too.

silent-bob (freeware): http://www.silent-bob.de/en/index.htm

Reply #3
Thanks guys! I'll check it out.

CU

Dominic

Reply #4
Hmmmmm..... I have taken a look at the websites of both programs, and they seem to be just able to record what they get from the soundcard's line input...

Is that true? :ponder:

Regards,

Carlos G.

Reply #5
in case of messer you are rigth. it's a line-in recorder with scheduler and lame support.

total recorder captures audio from your soundcard, real audio or windows media streams for example.