Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Survey: Perception of Hypercompression (Read 2591 times) previous topic - next topic

Survey: Perception of Hypercompression

Hi all,

I'm an Audio Music Tech student at Nottingham Trent in the UK. As part of my studies, I'm conducting research involving the ability for listeners to compare/deduce specific compressors from others in a listening test.

You don't have to be experienced in critical listening, and what you say/how you describe what you think you hear is just as important.

Thanks!

Survey

Re: Survey: Perception of Hypercompression

Reply #1
Hi, for clarification: This survey is about dynamics compression, not about "mp3ish" audio compression, right?

Chris
If I don't reply to your reply, it means I agree with you.

Reply #3
Just a comment on the testing method: I think it would be better if you picked a short (~10s) sample and made 5 versions out of it that can be played individually, with names ABCDE to match the questionnaire. Makes for an easier and fairer comparison.

Reply #4
Quite badly designed survey...

Reply #5
Maybe I should have read the preamble again, but that last question on each section didn't mean anything to me. I just made a random choice each time.
Processed audio in java and python.