Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Separate UI forum? (Read 38773 times) previous topic - next topic

Separate UI forum?

Reply #50
Hey Lyx,I think You are taking this panels ui thing a little too hard.I'll explain:first of all I do agree with you on some issues-ppl who just care about the looks and bloating this forum with useless and (sometimes) incredible
stupid posts are pissing me off too,but you cannot put a blame on a developer of a specific component.
I'm sure that terrestrial didn't see it coming when he introduced his component.I've been on this forum for a while and i remember just how things developed (and went out of control):first old time foobar users were
making posts about how great it was if one could change fonts by titleformatting in Track info panel-so terrestrial came up with Trackinfo mod component.Then I remember many Columns UI users complaining about
the splitters and unability to control the panels behaviour on the fly-terrestrial came up with his own UI that solved those problems (while introducing some others).So who was wrong?The users asking for some features
in the UI or terrestrial giving them those?You are right-none of them.If you want to blame somebody,then i believe it should be the plain crowd that like a worms swarm keeps eating and asking for more-those ppl
doesn't care much about the future of FB2k project-for them it's just a new shiny toy-you play,you get bored,you throw it away.That's the real root of the problem (IMHO)-how to eliminate it?>I don't have an answer
Maybe an IQ test when registering to the forum will do...But it's a little 1939 style solution...So what do you say?
Favourite artist:CD-R
Favourite album:700MB

Separate UI forum?

Reply #51
Quote of the initial question:
Why isn't a UI-centric subforum created for all the appearence/configuration/ui-support threads, so the real functionality threads can remain the unique use for foobar2000?

Quote of the relevant answer on behalf of the forum staff:
We, the foobar2000 team, share a dislike for Panels UI due to its poor design* and implementation, and we have a consent that we do not want to show additional support for it. So as painful as the current situations is for everyone - both the users and us - we will not create an additional forum. If there is to be a separate forum for Panels UI and everything related to it, someone from the community will have to create it on their own site.

Feel free to further discuss possible improvements to Panels UI in a new thread, but the discussion about a new subforum is now closed.

If you should have any objections, please read TOS #7.