Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54 (Read 277058 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54

Reply #575
Hello. I'm having a problem with this component. Whenever I use it to try and play .gbs files, at least with Pokemon Gold/Crystal, everything is all mixed up. For instance, the first track that plays is the "Pokemon March", but the length and tags are those of "Pokemon GS Intro 1". What might be causing this problem?

Reply #576
Sounds like the M3U files are messed up. I can never get that feature right, because nobody has settled on a common behavior for even the subsong numbers.

Reply #577
...nobody has settled on a common behavior for even the subsong numbers.

Well that's inconvenient. Is it something I could fix by messing with the m3u file myself? Or is that more complicated than not?

Reply #578
My code can be changed to deal with the off by one error, assuming you’re running the latest version. The thing is, if it’s correct for your files, it may be off for others.

Reply #579
I think there was some kind of regression in NSF playback in version 1.214. The attached NSF sounds crunchy and horrible in 1.214, but was fine in 1.213 (I just rolled back to the old version and checked). Seems to be a problem with N163 specifically?

Reply #580
Cool. I get nagged to implement features that developers newly discover (N163 supporting waveforms up to 256 samples long), and then they break a bazillion fan made NSF files that were made without understanding that knowledge.

Note that these files will be just as broken on actual hardware.

Reply #581
Ouch, that's unfortunate.

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to the configuration page to enable/disable the correct behavior? I'm not aware of any other NSF players for foobar2000 and I'd hate to be stuck with an old version of foo_gep just to play back these old NSFs. I totally understand if you'd rather not, though.

Reply #582
Bam, I'm bringing it back, because this is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVAfOoiKids

And all those broken NSFs can be fixed with some work. They already don't work on actual hardware, except for flawed implementations.

Reply #583
I've forced the issue. The new waveforms are enabled now. There is also a context menu item under Utilities, which will permanently patch one or more N163 NSF files, or at least attempt to patch them. Only attempt patching on files which sound broken.

Reply #584
hey Kode54,
what format is NSF for?
I know that Game Emu Player component does SNES and Genesis at the least... but... more...? or at least that is all I use it for...

Reply #585
NES.

Reply #587
Replying here to not derail the other thread

The issues I have with Game Emu Player is it doesn't seem to read NSFE files properly. Most of the time, it shows the incorrect title. At least, where it matters. It shows the right title next to the control buttons, but not at the top or in the list. It also doesn't give it the right title in the file name in converts.

This seems to happen when tracks are under "Singles" like in the picture below. When they're under the game's title, it shows the right title everywhere. Another bug I see is the progress bar at the bottom will often go off screen for these tracks.

I've tested some older versions and every one I found had the same issue

Reply #588
That does not even look like a standard foobar2000 user interface, and all of the problems appear to be with the user interface, rather than the files or whatever is reading their info.

In the top screen shot, it appears to be showing track titles and the album artist field, which are the only ones supported for the most part anyway. Oh, and did I mention that NSFE, even being a complex file format compared to NSF, still does not support Unicode text? That's a limitation of the format, not my plugin.

I have no idea what idiot would have tagged an NSFE with "??? Sound Team", but that's probably to be expected anyway.

Maybe actually post some files, and explain why they're broken?

Reply #589
Hi there, this plugin no longer works in foobar v.1.3.8. Maybe it works in earlier version.
It appears to be working in my environment(foobar2000 v1.3.8 Windows7).
You need to put PMDWin.dll and WinFMP.dll into the directory same as foo_input_fmpmd.dll.

Do you know Japanese? Could you reach out to the author so that he could revisit the plug-in and maintain the update on foobar's site? I think the author's site is at http://c60.la.coocan.jp/, but he has never responded to my request.
Yes, I know Japanese.
However, I can't reach out to the author because I don't know who he/she is.
I DON'T think "http://c60.la.coocan.jp/" is his/her site. It is the site of the author who made PMDWin.dll and WinFMP.dll.

Happy new year and hope you have been well. How time flies. Glad the author at http://c60.la.coocan.jp/download.html has updated WinFMP and PMDWin as of Dec 2021, although I don't fully appreciate what was updated: speed vs sound quality? The old version were believed to work with Foobar2000 v1.6.9 beta anyways. By reaching out to the author, I meant the author at http://c60.la.coocan.jp/download.html. Not sure if they are aware of the foo_input_fmpmd_v0.8.0.15. It's time they really should collaborate so that the author at http://c60.la.coocan.jp/download.html knows foobar2000 can now handle his plugins. Thanks.

Reply #590
hey Kode54,
I don't suppose you can update your video game music plugins for the
Foobar2000 v2 x64 builds?
please and thx.

Reply #594
I have been told several times that "what happens on IRC, stays on IRC", and that sort of attitude is quite annoying to deal with, because then people can be jackasses on IRC and mostly put on a facade of acceptable behavior on web forums and web sites.

I already left the private alpha foobar2000 chat because Peter thought it was appropriate to refer to a telemarketer who rang him up at 5:30am as the n-word.

I was contacted by an old acquaintance recently about getting up to speed on foobar2000 components and rejoining the community, and was fed a lengthy diatribe about how great a developer I am, and how someone of lower stance as him is able to develop an app that runs on millions of computers, so I should be destined for greatness too.

Then I was told that he heard from the foobar community that I "went LGBTQ+ on them", implying that this was a sudden "change" in my behavior and dismissing the whole point of it. Then he said "just be you, you don't need a movement". That dismissal disappointed me greatly. I terminated the conversation right there, and decided I would not be installing a Windows VM to proceed with Visual Studio projects.

I will, however, look into extending the Strawberry audio player in the future, if it is indeed feasible to do so, especially for all platforms it supports.

Reply #595
^ Well that is certainly discouraging. People can be shitty. :(

I don't know what else to say but wanted to say something, since apparently I missed your post a few months ago - @kode54 - Thank you for all the work you've done on these forums and developing components over the years, which I'm quite sure a lot of people have enjoyed using. I shall wish you the best going forward.

Cheers

Reply #596
I have been told several times that "what happens on IRC, stays on IRC", and that sort of attitude is quite annoying to deal with, because then people can be jackasses on IRC and mostly put on a facade of acceptable behavior on web forums and web sites.

I already left the private alpha foobar2000 chat because Peter thought it was appropriate to refer to a telemarketer who rang him up at 5:30am as the n-word.

I was contacted by an old acquaintance recently about getting up to speed on foobar2000 components and rejoining the community, and was fed a lengthy diatribe about how great a developer I am, and how someone of lower stance as him is able to develop an app that runs on millions of computers, so I should be destined for greatness too.

Then I was told that he heard from the foobar community that I "went LGBTQ+ on them", implying that this was a sudden "change" in my behavior and dismissing the whole point of it. Then he said "just be you, you don't need a movement". That dismissal disappointed me greatly. I terminated the conversation right there, and decided I would not be installing a Windows VM to proceed with Visual Studio projects.

I will, however, look into extending the Strawberry audio player in the future, if it is indeed feasible to do so, especially for all platforms it supports.

Don't listen to the republicans! You obviously need a movement to not feel lonely. We appreciate you!

Reply #597
Hi there, this plugin no longer works in foobar v.1.3.8. Maybe it works in earlier version.
It appears to be working in my environment(foobar2000 v1.3.8 Windows7).
You need to put PMDWin.dll and WinFMP.dll into the directory same as foo_input_fmpmd.dll.

Do you know Japanese? Could you reach out to the author so that he could revisit the plug-in and maintain the update on foobar's site? I think the author's site is at http://c60.la.coocan.jp/, but he has never responded to my request.
Yes, I know Japanese.
However, I can't reach out to the author because I don't know who he/she is.
I DON'T think "http://c60.la.coocan.jp/" is his/her site. It is the site of the author who made PMDWin.dll and WinFMP.dll.

PMDWin and WINFmp have all been updated in 2023 to support x64, but somehow there is no sign of foo_input_fmpmd being updated to accompany them. Bing AI can't seem to figure out how to revise foo_input_fmpmd's x86 dll to x64 even with the help of Visual Studio 2022 Community Edition. Could Github Copilot help instead? I can try, but I don't want to go down the rabbit hole. Thanks.

Reply #598
O_O?

Reply #599
hey Kode54,
I don't suppose you can update your video game music plugins for the
Foobar2000 v2 x64 builds?
please and thx.

https://foobar2000.xrea.jp/?Input+64bit#fda85f32

Based on sources of foo_gep v1.218 by kode54(https://gitlab.com/kode54/foo_gep/-/commits/vgmplay)
Works with foobar2000 v1.5 or later and Windows 7 or later

* NOTE
- The current SPC xid666 tag writer seems to erase loop length and end length
- If you have installed other components for retro chiptunes format, please check the supported formats setting on the preferences page

* TODO
- Implement the remove_tags function
- Enable unpacker to get file creation time

[2022-11-13 v1.219]
- Updated to 2022-10-20 SDK
- Added support for foobar2000 x64
- Added dark mode support for foobar2000 v2.0 to the preferences page, monitor and dialog for editing NSFE playlists
- The monitor and the dialog for editing song length now open in the same position as when they were last closed
- Fixed default fade length being applied when fade length in (x)id666 tag of SPC is 0
- Stopped writing APEv2 tags in SPC because it creates SPC that cannot be played by other players - Instead we should use foo_external_tags by Case
- Fixed a bug that was getting wrong song number from M3U playlists
- To prevent the CHECKBOX for Effects from disappearing, WS_CLIPSIBLINGS was specified for GROUPBOX
- The about message of the component was changed